David Irving: “Every game you seen me play in, I was medicated”

p1_

DCC 4Life
David Irving writes on Instagram: “Every game you seen me play in, I was medicated”

Just over two months ago, Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle David Irving was suspended for four games for violating the NFL’s policy on substance abuse. Shortly after, it was reported that he wouldn’t be attending the Oxnard portion of training camp with the team due to being at a rehab facility.

There was never any public declaration of exactly which substance David Irving had been involved with, until Friday evening when he announced it on his own Instagram page.

Warning: There is offensive and NSFW language. We generally don’t post this kind of language but we’re making an exception for clarity in this article.

Social media hasn’t been too kind to Irving over the last several months. Back in April his Twitter account was hacked and a lot of accusations were thrown his way (these were later recanted).

Irving hasn’t commented publicly in some time, and his last Instagram post prior to Friday was all the way back on July 19, just after he had been suspended. His emergence in any public forum sparked discussion from many people on his Instagram page to the point that he engaged a few of them on the post.

Irving engaged several users throughout the post (which you can view right here), this particular example is just one of the many interactions throughout it. In this comment Irving describes what he’s been prescribed, his past, his stance on the NFL’s policy concerning marijuana, and says he’s been “medicated” in “every game [we’ve] seen him play,” among other things.

Irving does note throughout the post that he will be back by Week 5 and “won’t disappoint” so he’s seemingly planning on being available immediately following his suspension.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Whatever, I've already mentally written him off. Anything we get from him this season, or ever for that matter, is found money in my mind.

When I think of the DT depth chart it's Collins/Ward/Jones/Woods or Price, with Crawford mixing in.

Certainly not great but we've gotten by with worse, and if guys like Gregory and Armstrong can give us more on the edge than what would've been anticipated a few months back, then Crawford can be moved inside more in passing downs.

And the 2019 DT class is going to be historic.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It’s too bad because this DL would be real friggin good this year with Irving here for it.

Lawrence - Taco - Armstrong
Collins - Price/Ward/Jones
Irving - Woods
Crawford - Gregory - Tapper/Ealy

Top Bottom