Danny Amendola’s father sues Cowboys Stadium after golf-cart accident

Jiggyfly

Banned
Danny Amendola’s father sues Cowboys Stadium after golf-cart accident
By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – 4 hours ago

On Dec. 17, 2011, Dekaney High School football coach Alfred "Willie" Amendola was coaching his Wildcats in the 5A Division I state championship game at Cowboys Stadium. After his team won the game (well-done, Coach!), Mr. Amendola was standing at midfield, conducting interviews, when a wayward golf cart bowled him over. Amendola was knocked into the cart, and rolled it off the field after trying to control it. Apparently, the cart developed a mind of its own after workers who were removing pylons from the field accidentally lodged one in a way that got the cart's accelerator going. Several reporters were also affected by the aggressive cart.
Fortunately, nobody was seriously hurt - and as much as this sounds funny on paper, the cart was getting up a head of steam, and this could have been even worse (and weirder) were it not for coach Amendola's quick thinking and lightning reflexes.
Now, Amendola, the father of New England Patriots receiver Danny Amendola, is suing Cowboys Stadium, L.P. in the District Court of Texas. The suit claims "past and future pain and suffering; past and future mental anguish' physical and mental impairment, past and future; disfigurement, past and future; past and future medical expenses; loss of earning capacity; and loss of enjoyment."
This wouldn't be the first time Cowboys Stadium L.P. was involved in a lawsuit, of course -- there was the seating debacle related to Super Bowl XLV, when a group of ticket buyers claimed that they had to watch the game on television because their temporary seats were not installed in time for the game. One of those suits was dismissed last month, which left four plaintiffs unhappy, through another lawsuit involving hundreds more aggrieved parties will go forward in October.
Coach Amendola's son was signed out of Texas Tech by the Cowboys in April of 2008 as an undrafted free agent out of Texas Tech. He was cut later that season, and spent the entire 2008 season on Dallas' practice squad before going on to perform with some distinction for the St. Louis Rams. After the Patriots lost Wes Welker to the Denver Broncos in free agency, New England signed Amendola to a five-year, $28.5 million contract in March.
The elder Amendola is suing the Stadium for an amount exceeding $1 million.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Without knowing any of the details, this strikes me as frivolous to be honest. The report says no one was seriously hurt. Yet a million dollar lawsuit?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I could watch that .gif all frikkin day. That guy falling off the cart gets me everytime.

He's like, "F this...bailing out now is my only hope for survival! Here, I'll steer it away from the crowd and Drop & ROLL!!!"

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could watch that .gif all frikkin day. That guy falling off the cart gets me everytime.

He's like, "F this...bailing out now is my only hope for survival! Here, I'll steer it away from the crowd and Drop & ROLL!!!"
So the guy who rolls off the cart is the one filing the lawsuit? Am I reading this correctly? What type of injuries did he get from that?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

LOL. He could have stopped it but its every man for himself!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If Amendola is the guy who bailed out of the cart, he should not get a penny.

There were a couple folks who might have been legitimately injured at initial impact. Looks like a cameraman was knocked backwards on his head and a reporter was dropped hard as well.

Those people should come out better in a lawsuit than a guy who fell gently in a cradle much like a cocoon, and then decided to prematurely desert the cocoon before developing his majestic wings.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
guy who fell gently in a cradle much like a cocoon, and then decided to prematurely desert the cocoon before developing his majestic wings.
:lol

Amendola was knocked into the cart, and rolled it off the field after trying to control it. Sounds to me like the same dude.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
If that's him, it was his stupidity that caused his injury.

Others were knocked flat on the ground, while he made a conscious effort to get there.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Jesus, take the wheel!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
You know, if you look at it, the guy who got off actually runs over more people by turning the wheel at the beginning.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You know, if you look at it, the guy who got off actually runs over more people by turning the wheel at the beginning.
They should sue him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That's the funny part. If he just gets up and drives the damn thing he would be fine. Instead he freaks out and jumps off the cart.
:lol It was more like a slow roll rather than a jump. Possibly the funniest thing ever.

Top Bottom