Dan Quinn hired as new Defensive Coordinator

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dunno. That defense had talent this defense just doesn't have.
Yeah I mean he isn't going to spin shit into gold. We will need to improve the talent on defense. Luckily defensive rebuilds happen in an offseason all the time in the NFL.

Funny thing is it was the secondary that made that Seahawks defense great. So we may be in for some pissed off Cowboys fans with the defensive moves.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That is exactly where I am.

Not comforting. But it is what it is.
This is about as good as you could hope for with who's available unless you want to roll the dice on a complete unknown similar to how the Rams plucked Staley out of relative obscurity.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is about as good as you could hope for with who's available unless you want to roll the dice on a complete unknown similar to how the Rams plucked Staley out of relative obscurity.
Booze would have been pissed about that too because as fans we don't know anything about those coaches.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah I mean he isn't going to spin shit into gold. We will need to improve the talent on defense. Luckily defensive rebuilds happen in an offseason all the time in the NFL.

Funny thing is it was the secondary that made that Seahawks defense great. So we may be in for some pissed off Cowboys fans with the defensive moves.
Safety should be much more of a priority over CB, so hopefully not.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Quinn, eh? Not bad. At least he's had some good success as a DC.

So much for the panic over Whitt and that other whatshisname.

Although with this hire, I think CB just jumped up the priority list for our first rounder.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Damn why would we want Quinn? Am I missing something here? The Falcons never had an elite defense.
It's imperative we get some talent all over this defense.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I saw something that showed the Falcons were pretty much at the bottom of the league for cap money spent on the defense every year Quinn was there. So obviously talent was an issue with the Atlanta defense.

I guess the Cowboys were at the bottom of the league this year.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Dallas Cowboys Hire former Falcons Head Coach Dan Quinn As New Defensive Coordinator

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm fine with Quinn. He wasn't my first choice, but he certainly wasn't in the second tier. Just come in, smack some bitches around and get rid of the ones that cry about it.

Top Bottom