Dak Injury Update Thread

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Isnt it fucking ironic the injury happened on the same day Alex Smith returned to the field from his own gruesome injury?
hopefully Dak has better luck. Smith only threw for like 38 yards.

data

Forbes #1
how much is the medical bill for all this surgery and rehab?

I imagine the Cowboys foot the bill for this? Or does the NFL?

Sucks if the Cowboys pay for it all and then Prescott leaves in free agency.

I guess it’s like someone on paternity/maternity leave and then leaving to another company upon their return.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
how much is the medical bill for all this surgery and rehab?

I imagine the Cowboys foot the bill for this? Or does the NFL?

Sucks if the Cowboys pay for it all and then Prescott leaves in free agency.

I guess it’s like someone on paternity/maternity leave and then leaving to another company upon their return.
I'd assume insurance pays for these things.

data

Forbes #1
I'd assume insurance pays for these things.
I got that, but who’s insurance?

NFL or Cowboys? It’d make sense if it were team agnostic and came from NFLPA’s insurance.

Doesn’t matter in grand scheme...just random thought.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Isnt it fucking ironic the injury happened on the same day Alex Smith returned to the field from his own gruesome injury?
Fuck off, Alanis!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Dalton gets hurt just go with Cedrick Wilson. He looked pretty good throwing the pass to Dak.

Seriously, he (or Pollard) and Zeke in the wildcat would be fun. Better than Gilbert tossing picks on max 6-yard routes.
Sounds fun, but I'd much prefer to get DiNucci some experience if Dalton were to miss time. I doubt Gilbert would even be in consideration for playing time.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sounds fun, but I'd much prefer to get DiNucci were to get some experience if Dalton were to miss time. I doubt Gilbert would even be in consideration for playing time.
True, I should've said if we were down to the 4th QB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well, if his leg had been ravaged by infections and led to another 17 surgeries that nearly resulted in him dying like Alex Smith I think we would've heard about it by now, so that's positive.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well, if his leg had been ravaged by infections and led to another 17 surgeries that nearly resulted in him dying like Alex Smith I think we would've heard about it by now, so that's positive.
Yesterday, Smith went in after Kyle Allen suffered the same injury. Too bizarre

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah he will be back by next year. I just hope there isn't too much of an adjustment period getting back to normal for him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Don’t expect much scrambling
The injury happened when he was trying to stiff-arm the DB in the open field as he's done many times in the past, hopefully now he learns to just go down. Save the physical heroics for rare situations like 3rd/4th down and down around the goal line.

You don't need to be fighting off defenders on 2nd and 6 from the Giants 25 in the 3rd quarter in October when you already have the first down anyway.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom