Cowboys vs Packers: Agree/Disagree with going for it

Do you agree with going for the first down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

data

Forbes #1
Overtime first possession and it's 4th and 3 at the 35 or a 53 yard field goal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Depends on what Maher was comfortable with, it's possible he didn't feel his range in those conditions extended out to 52 or whatever.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I’ll never be disappointed in my coach going for the jugular. In the moment I was a little pissed, but when you think about it, I’d rather play to win than play safe 10/10 times.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Need more information. If they were pretty sure Maher couldn't make it from there, then no problem. If they just wanted to go for it, I'm not sure. If they had already decided to go for it, I think I'd have run it twice. It seemed like after the CeeDee slant they were so mad, I'm not sure if they put enough thought into it.

I just re-watched that series and damn, you can't overstate how big that call on McGovern was. Very iffy call IMO. Not like he tackled the guy, and he even drew his hands back. Davis was to the Packer 25 before that.

And I missed the CeeDee slant with the TO, I thought they were going to commercial. How did they not call that? Very obvious PI. It wasn't even close.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Need more information. If they were pretty sure Maher couldn't make it from there, then no problem. If they just wanted to go for it, I'm not sure. If they had already decided to go for it, I think I'd have run it twice. It seemed like after the CeeDee slant they were so mad, I'm not sure if they put enough thought into it.

I just re-watched that series and damn, you can't overstate how big that call on McGovern was. Very iffy call IMO. Not like he tackled the guy, and he even drew his hands back. Davis was to the Packer 25 before that.

And I missed the CeeDee slant with the TO, I thought they were going to commercial. How did they not call that? Very obvious PI. It wasn't even close.

I think that's the legit criticism in that sequence. Should have run.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I'm good with them going for it simply because we've seen too many times what Rogers can do with the ball at the end of a game. The way our defense was playing, if we had kicked the FG, Rogers would've just scored a TD (instead of kicking the FG).

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I guess I have more of a problem with the play calling than the actual going for it. In the moment I was upset with Tolbert, the refs not calling what seemed like a pretty easy PI, and the continued futility of being a Cowboys fan.

Top Bottom