Cowboys - Vikings rivalry

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Q
Not only are the Green Bay Packers kicking the Vikings’ ass in that rivalry, the Packers are better rivals to the Cowboys than the Vikings are.
yep. Goes all the way back to the frozen Tundra.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
they played 30 times, remarkable they both have a 15 - 15 record.
It's not that remarkable.

If one of them has a 15-15 record against the other, what are the chances that the other team's record against this team is something like 28-2?

That would be truly remarkable.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The Vikings have never had any players I couldn’t stand. The Giants-easy....fag face Eli. Philly- Carson Wentz, Jeff Lurie, and Jim Schwartz. Redskins- all their fans, and basically every HC they hire. Packers- Aaron Rodgers, and Aaron Rodgers. Those are the big ones I think.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Vikings have never had any players I couldn’t stand. The Giants-easy....fag face Eli. Philly- Carson Wentz, Jeff Lurie, and Jim Schwartz. Redskins- all their fans, and basically every HC they hire. Packers- Aaron Rodgers, and Aaron Rodgers. Those are the big ones I think.
Brandon f'ing Jacobs.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
more than any player, I hate that end zone horn. Metrodome was accused of piping in fake noise.

Although this was pretty cool...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The only thing I hate about the Vikings is that godforsaken horn.

data

Forbes #1
I do recall one game vs Vikings where Emmitt on pace to break the single game rushing record until he broke his finger right before halftime. I wanna day it was MNF right after Payton died.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I do recall one game vs Vikings where Emmitt on pace to break the single game rushing record until he broke his finger right before halftime. I wanna day it was MNF right after Payton died.
It was. I was at that game. Troy Aikman was injured in that game, too. We were dominating that game until Emmitt went out right before half, and Troy went out right after the half. Jason Garrett came in and pissed it away.

Flozell Adams was hurt, too... Duane Clemons was getting manhandled by Flo all game and got frustrated. So he punched him in the sack.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
1999, pretty sure.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He had 140 yards at the half, and it was like exactly half of Payton’s then single game rushing record.

Broke his hand stiff arming a defender’s face mask I think.

Al Michaels sounded both excited and incredulous that Emmitt was breaking away from and outrunning defenders. Started calling him “the great Emmitt Smith” that game. Aikman got concussed in the same game, as I recall.

Deion got called for a bogus PI vs Randy Moss I believe on a key late drive.

Ironically Emmitt also performed well in the playoffs vs the Vikings that same year, but the Vikings had too many weapons and we turned the ball over to them too often.

Aikman was basically done.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Deion got called for a bogus PI vs Randy Moss I believe on a key late drive.
Yeah, it was called away from the ball, as George Teague got an interception inside the 5 yard line. Deion was called for illegal contact, and the Vikings kept the ball. Scoring a play or two later to take their first lead of the game, after being behind 17-0 when Emmitt then Troy got hurt. They ended up losing 27-17 with Garrett going 3-of-11 for four yards and an interception after Aikman left.

So, not only could he find ways to blow games as a coach, that fuck could do it as a player, too. I was at that game with a bunch of family members from Minnesota. It was not a fun drive home for me.

Top Bottom