Cowboys Sign Keanu Neal

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I never said he's not a good player but I think you're missing the point.

His impact is being overstated by Sturm.

He didn't have a big enough impact last season to help Atlanta's defense be any better, but he's going to somehow be enough of an impact to make our defense, which is worse than Atlanta's, better?

Especially given that SS was one of the least of our concerns once Wilson got on the field?

You'll have to excuse me if I'm skeptical.

I don't mind the signing but if this is our main FA acquisition we're clueless.
He probably wasn't truly 100% last year until maybe 4-6 games into the season and by then Atlanta was a dumpster fire with Quinn fired.

More importantly, he's not really a coverage player, he's a box safety/hybrid LB and Atlanta's run defense was decent, not elite but not terrible either. I'm pretty sure they were in the top half of the league in run defense, if not top 10 in a few categories.

So yea, a box safety/hybrid LB isn't going to take a shit defense and catapult them to great things unless they're a generational player, but even then a guy like Jamal Adams who kind of is that generational player didn't make Seattle's defense elite. Their pass defense was one of the worst in the league but their run defense was solid, does that mean you don't think Jamal Adams would make our defense better?

The point is that I think Neal is generally a good player who fits a role on our defense, and just because you don't think he will individually lift up the defense (and he probably won't) doesn't mean he's a player you don't want to have.

Your real issue seemingly is that he's not enough on his own, which is true, although I do think he will help improve the unit overall.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah must have a screw loose
Definitely. He got in some heated arguments with teammates in Baltimore plus his wife is a bit crazy too. She got arrested for pulling a gun on him last year.

No one needs that drama. Especially for a player who has shown signs that football's really not his top priority anymore.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not a high standard.

Quinn will make a difference for sure. But Jaylon and LVE have to prove themselves all over again.

If Smith gets voted captain again, then our defense has a pathetic lack of leadership. I’d sign Sherman just for that alone.

Top Bottom