Cowboys Round 4 (146) Selection - Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The END of the fourth round. Basically the 5th round. It was the last pick of the fourth, if we didn't take him there, he was into the 5th round.
To me he was a better guard prospect even than a lot of the guards you saw go earlier. Just crazy to me. Center just seems to be a position where one or two goes high and then everyone falls.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
FWIW, that's what Norm Hitzges was saying too, that when you combine the player, the value, the position of need, the initiative to make the move, and how little they had to give up to make the move, this might be even better than the earlier picks. Like he said, it really didn't take a lot of brains or work to take Lamb, but this took both.
I disagree with Norm on that. 16 other teams didn't seem to think Lamb was a no brainer pick and a 1st round WR wasn't exactly a need for us.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I disagree with Norm on that. 16 other teams didn't seem to think Lamb was a no brainer pick and a 1st round WR wasn't exactly a need for us.
you think there was hesitation, debate and uncertainty when it came our pick and Lamb and Chaisson were both sitting there?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
you think there was hesitation, debate and uncertainty when it came our pick and Lamb and Chaisson were both sitting there?
I doubt it. I would imagine the discussion started right about the time Denver's pick of Jeudy was announced. The discussion would probably have been along the lines of... 'Two out of Lamb, Chaisson, and Terrell will be there when we're on the clock..." A quick look at the board would remind them of the order they were in. And I'll bet if we got a peek of that board, it had them Lamb, Chaisson, and Terrell, in that order.

Terrell was discussed as a possible pick for us because they didn't expect either Lamb or Chaisson to be there, much less both of them.

p1_

DCC 4Life
they didn't expect either Lamb or Chaisson to be there, much less both of them.
this to me is what makes it a near no brainer. we couldn't lose with either choice, but Lamb being still available was like a gift from heaven. Imagine the anger had we let him get past us.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
this to me is what makes it a near no brainer. we couldn't lose with either choice, but Lamb being still available was like a gift from heaven. Imagine the anger had we let him get past us.
Yeah, that would have been a tantrum moment. I would have even been mad if we had chosen Chaisson over him. I like Chaisson, and passrush is a need, but I've always been a little leery of him. He has the measureables, but his lack of a productive history scared me. He was the epitome of a boom or bust player to me. If he was all that was there at our spot, I would have rolled the dice on him over taking Terrell, for sure. But I thank God that Lamb being there made the choice for us.

Chaisson may very well turn into a great pass rusher. And Lamb could flame out. But I think the chances of the us being disappointed in this pick down the road are very slim.

data

Forbes #1
For the Cowboys board, do we know/suspect who was the higher ranked WR - Lamb or Jeudy? Or even if it’s a pick’em between the two?

I think reports stated Cowboys had Lamb at 7, so wonder how much higher/lower/same they scored Jeudy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the Cowboys board, do we know/suspect who was the higher ranked WR - Lamb or Jeudy? Or even if it’s a pick’em between the two?

I think reports stated Cowboys had Lamb at 7, so wonder how much higher/lower/same they scored Jeudy.
Lamb was their top WR reportedly. Not sure where Juedy was.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lamb was their top WR reportedly. Not sure where Juedy was.
To me, I would hope Lamb as their number one. He was for me in terms of our team fit.

Some liked Jeudy more for his route nuances, others liked Ruggs for the speed, but Lamb had the whole package.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Can we say that the brain trust actually went BPA and hit a home run? And leading up to the draft the narrative was focused solely on the best defensive options expected to be available at 17

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
To me, I would hope Lamb as their number one. He was for me in terms of our team fit.

Some liked Jeudy more for his route nuances, others liked Ruggs for the speed, but Lamb had the whole package.
I think a lot overranked Ruggs because of his speed but not every team has Reid drawing up plays in addition to having a Mahomes at qb

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Lamb also has a much much higher ceiling to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lamb also has a much much higher ceiling to me.
They are both great recievers. I think Juedy does a better job of getting seperation but Lamb is better at contested catches and making the spectacular play. Run after the catch Lamb is better too. Plus I think Juedy was surrounded by better weapons. Shit Ruggs was the third WR there and he just went at near the top of the draft. Crazy to think about. Alabama had a better reciever corp last year than the Eagles.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They are both great recievers. I think Juedy does a better job of getting seperation but Lamb is better at contested catches and making the spectacular play. Run after the catch Lamb is better too. Plus I think Juedy was surrounded by better weapons. Shit Ruggs was the third WR there and he just went at near the top of the draft. Crazy to think about. Alabama had a better reciever corp last year than the Eagles.
You get a coach to teach Lamb how to run crisper routes, and he will outpace Jeudy by a lot, in my opinion. It is Lamb's only glaring weakness, but thankfully it's a weakness that can be coached up.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You get a coach to teach Lamb how to run crisper routes, and he will outpace Jeudy by a lot, in my opinion. It is Lamb's only glaring weakness, but thankfully it's a weakness that can be coached up.
Lamb working alongside of Cooper should only help his route running.

data

Forbes #1

Top Bottom