Cowboys Round 4 (146) Selection - Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Brugler's analysis.

6. TYLER BIADASZ | Wisconsin 6035 | 314 lbs. | rJR. Amherst, Wis. (Amherst) #51

BACKGROUND: Tyler Biadasz (bee-AH-dish), who grew up near his family’s cattle farm in Amherst, was a three-year letterman, starring in baseball, basketball and football. While he was a four-year starter as both offense (left tackle) and defense (defensive line), earning All-Conference honors on offense and defense his sophomore, junior and senior years. Biadasz posted 70 tackles, 7.0 sacks, five forced fumbles and an interception as a senior, leading Amherst to the 2015 Division-5 state championship. He received the 2015 Tim Krumrie Award as the state’s most outstanding defensive lineman, also earning first-team All-State. He finished his prep career with 232 tackles, 19.0 sacks and 11 forced fumbles. A three-star defensive end recruit out of high school, Biadasz was the No. 52 defensive end in the country and the No. 7 recruit in the state of Wisconsin. He received FCS-offers from programs like Illinois State, South Dakota, Southern Illinois and Western Illinois, while flirting with several Big Ten programs. Growing up wanting to be a Badger, Biadasz received his Wisconsin offer the summer before his senior year, which turned out to be his lone FBS-level scholarship offer. Despite never playing center before, he was moved to center during his redshirt year in Madison. Biadasz elected to skip his senior season and enter the 2020 NFL Draft. YEAR (GP/GS) POSITION NOTES 2016: Redshirted Transitioned to offensive center 2017: (14/14) OC Freshman All-American; Third team All-Big Ten; Academic All-Big Ten 2018: (13/13) OC First team All-Big Ten; Academic All-Big Ten 2019: (14/14) OC Rimington Trophy (first in school history); Unanimous All-American; First team All-Big Ten; Academic All-Big Ten.

STRENGTHS: Technically sound approach…strikes with placement and pop, bending his knees to leverage the point of attack…adequate first step quickness…works hard to the hole, attacking and driving defenders off the screen…keeps his legs pumping in the run game to create movement…able to burst into blocks on the move when properly squared to his target…keeps busy and owns a finishing attitude…likeable personality and developed into a “great leader,” according to head coach Paul Chryst…started 41 straight games and rarely came off the field (played 94.1% of Wisconsin’s offensive snaps the last three years).

WEAKNESSES: Subpar athlete with below-average redirection skills…stiff midsection, struggling to plant-and-torque defenders on the move…has a tough time latching onto moving targets…lunges and loses balance in space, whiffing on linebackers at the second level…eager with his punch and overextends…struggles to anchor vs. bull rushers and can be rocked backwards by physical nose tackles…had at least four penalties each season…played through a hip injury most of the 2018 season, requiring offseason hip surgery (Spring 2019) and missing spring practices; missed part of the draft process due to an AC scope of his right shoulder (February 2020).

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Wisconsin, Biadasz was the starting center in head coach Paul Chryst’s pro-style scheme. He started every game with Jonathan Taylor the last three seasons, helping clear the way for one of most productive runners in college football history. A program kid, Biadasz hoped to play defensive line in Madison, but bought into the move to center as a freshman and developed into a technician, playing under his pads and timing his punch. However, his lack of top level athletic traits and recovery skills showed vs. better opponents (see 2019 Ohio State tape). Overall, Biadasz moves with stiffness and his balance issues will be highlighted vs. NFL-level competition, but he is fundamentally sound with the smarts and toughness to fight for a starting role in an NFL camp – if his medical situation doesn’t interfere.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Given where he was selected and what little we had to give up for him, this might be my favorite pick of the draft.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Given where he was selected and what little we had to give up for him, this might be my favorite pick of the draft.
you have to feel better about center options.

Cotton

Staff member
you have to feel better about center options.
I don't know how, but we found extremely good value at exact positions of need. This draft couldn't have fallen better for us. And, what's even more amazing is we actually took the value that fell to us. Simply amazing.

Cotton

Staff member
Tyler Biadasz Draft Projection 2020
Bleacher Report
Matt Miller, of Bleacher Report, has Biadasz going to the New England Patriots with the No. 125 overall pick in the fourth round.

CBS Sports
Ryan Wilson, of CBS Sports, has the Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking Biadasz with the No. 117 overall selection in the fourth round.

Sporting News
Vinnie Iyer, of Sporting News, has much more confidence in Biadasz, projecting the Baltimore Ravens to take him with No. 55 overall pick in the second round.

Sports Illustrated
Kevin Hanson, of Sports Illustrated, expects Biadasz to land with the Miami Dolphins with the No. 70 overall pick in the third round.

USA Today
Luke Easterling, of USA Today's Draftwire, has Biadasz going to the Atlanta Falcons toward the middle of the third round with the No. 78 overall selection.

Walter Football
Walter Cherepinsky, of Walter Football, predicts the Los Angeles Rams to snag Biadasz at No. 52 overall in the second round.

Tyler Biadasz NFL Draft Prediction
Round 2
  • Rams (No. 52)
  • Ravens (No. 55)

Round 3

• Dolphins (No. 70)
  • Falcons (No. 78)

Round 4
  • Buccaneers (No. 118)
  • Patriots (No. 125)

While the six expert predictions highlighted above have Biadasz relatively all over the map, his draft range appears to be firmly rooted between the mid-second round and the mid-fourth round.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't know how, but we found extremely good value at exact positions of need. This draft couldn't have fallen better for us. And, what's even more amazing is we actually took the value that fell to us. Simply amazing.
we have to actually give kudos to all. seems so strange...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
FWIW, that's what Norm Hitzges was saying too, that when you combine the player, the value, the position of need, the initiative to make the move, and how little they had to give up to make the move, this might be even better than the earlier picks. Like he said, it really didn't take a lot of brains or work to take Lamb, but this took both.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he will start at some point soon. As an Iowa fan I can't emphasize enough how frustrating it was to play against an absolutely dominant run blocker like this. There was a point in time where he could have easily been a late first like Frederick. I see no downside with this guy. He might not start right off the bat but I wouldn't be surprised if he does either.

He was just so powerful as a run blocker that it made it impossible to slow that Wisconsin run game.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Mel Kiper had Badass pretty high on his prospects list early on.

[IMG]

24. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin*

HT:
6-foot-3 | WT: 321 | Previously: 24

I wrote about Biadasz's rise in November, after he helped blow up the Iowa defense to the tune of 300 rushing yards. He has proved to be the clear top center in this class and a potential top-20 pick in April. The fourth-year junior moves extremely well -- he can pull to get to the edge with ease -- and anchors well in pass protection. I really like watching the Wisconsin offense on tape.

[IMG]

Tyler Biadasz, C

So how can my top-ranked center be considered a first-round sleeper? Because there is usually just one center in Round 1 each year, and he's usually picked in the back half. Teams don't always have a need there.

Biadasz is the real deal, though -- a 6-foot-3, 321-pound fourth-year junior who has started 31 straight games for the Badgers. He's a good athlete who is already advanced technically. He can pull and use his athleticism to get on the edge and plow defenders ahead of running back Jonathan Taylor, who last week made his Big Board debut. Biadasz had hip surgery after last season, but he has shown no ill effects. He's a really solid interior lineman. -- Kiper

[IMG]

Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

I put Biadasz in my list of first-round sleepers last month, but his play since has shown that he's the clear top center in this class and a potential top-20 pick in April, if he enters the draft. The fourth-year junior is an integral part of an excellent Badgers running game, which just put up 300 yards on Iowa. He moves extremely well for his 6-3, 321-pound size -- he can pull to get to the edge with ease -- and he anchors well in pass protection. Biadasz, who has started 36 games, has gotten better each season. -- Kiper

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
All-Big Ten 2019: (14/14) OC Rimington Trophy (first in school history); Unanimous All-American; First team All-Big Ten; Academic All-Big Ten.
Crazy how a guy whose resume is this strong and who has ideal size for the interior OL, lasted until the 4th round. Especially when you factor in that he played at a school known for producing quality NFL offensive linemen.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Crazy how a guy whose resume is this strong and who has ideal size for the interior OL, lasted until the 4th round. Especially when you factor in that he played at a school known for producing quality NFL offensive linemen.
The END of the fourth round. Basically the 5th round. It was the last pick of the fourth, if we didn't take him there, he was into the 5th round.

Cotton

Staff member
The END of the fourth round. Basically the 5th round. It was the last pick of the fourth, if we didn't take him there, he was into the 5th round.
We were into the comp picks at that point, so I think you can honestly say 5th round.

Top Bottom