Cowboys QB Dak Prescott was supposed to raise his MVP stock vs. Chiefs — he fell terribly short

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I think the most disappointing aspect of Dak is the up and down nature of his game. He can be so really good, and then be so really bad. Obviously all QBs have those games, but it seems to happen with more frequency with Dak. Of course, you can point to the fact he’s a third round pick, he’s coming off an injury etc but he demanded a contract that pays him as an elite tier QB. The problem is he’s not consistent in that elite performance.
I think you see the anti-Cowboys bias here. There are calls most other QBs would get that he can’t. Hoping as he is more of a pocket passer it might swing back his direction some.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
I think the most disappointing aspect of Dak is the up and down nature of his game. He can be so really good, and then be so really bad. Obviously all QBs have those games, but it seems to happen with more frequency with Dak. Of course, you can point to the fact he’s a third round pick, he’s coming off an injury etc but he demanded a contract that pays him as an elite tier QB. The problem is he’s not consistent in that elite performance.
Exactly!! He's being paid elite money to make this team a true championship contender. IMO it's his responsibility to make it happen

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Exactly!! He's being paid elite money to make this team a true championship contender. IMO it's his responsibility to make it happen

You cant have it on 1 guy. Even the best needs a decent cast. Romo had good players but most bad coaching, i cant blame him for that, but i think alone, Romo couldnt make a SB run by himself. I think the fans and some scouts got some players wrong. I think the FO ignoring certain positions will cost us in teh long run.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah this is a real knee jersey reaction. We were missing half our top players against the Chiefs and everyone on offense who did play had probably their worst game of the season. Even great teams go through Luls. It's a long season. Those all time great 90s teams even lost games.
I gotta get me one of them knee jerseys.

ZeroClub

UFA
This article is stupid clickbait bullshit, a perfect example of the media overhyping small sample sizes to create a sense of urgency/angst/anger/whatever. The NFL is the perfect sport for this because games are so compartmentalized and spread out as opposed to other sports where you have a game every 2-3 days.

The media has a whole week every week to stir up bullshit and create contrived narratives to manipulate people's emotions.

At the end of the day it was one game of 17 and I couldn't really give a fuck less if Prescott wins MVP now or ever, so whatever he was "supposed" to do is largely irrelevant outside of these contrived narratives.
Yes.

It is a time-tested staple of "sports journalism": Put 'em up on the highest pedestal just to knock 'em off. It's empty crap. Pseudo-drama.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah this is a real knee jersey reaction. We were missing half our top players against the Chiefs and everyone on offense who did play had probably their worst game of the season. Even great teams go through Luls. It's a long season. Those all time great 90s teams even lost games.
Aikman was pretty steady as a QB, something I just haven’t seen enough of from Dak. Aikman had bad days, but I never recall him throwing balls 20 feet over the WR head, then throw it in the ground or simply miss big throws to his WRs. Maybe Dak is hurt, maybe he’s not back 100% but his bad games are starting to get really bad.
You cant have it on 1 guy. Even the best needs a decent cast. Romo had good players but most bad coaching, i cant blame him for that, but i think alone, Romo couldnt make a SB run by himself. I think the fans and some scouts got some players wrong. I think the FO ignoring certain positions will cost us in teh long run.
I’d argue Dak has a pretty damn good supporting cast on the offensive side of the ball. If he’s going to demand record breaking QB pay, then it goes with the territory of “you’re the guy”.
I love the fact Dak is very good about bouncing back after a bad game, and that’s a quality a lot of QBs don’t have. He just has looked really off after hurting the calf- and this Raiders and Saints game will tell us a lot about where this team is headed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Welp...

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Yeah I have to wonder if it's timing with the backups or if Daks calf is still throwing him off. I have a hard time believing he has just gone bad.
There were at least a few passes that were straight up over-throws that Dak doesn't typically miss, so it seems like it might be the calf injury.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There were at least a few passes that were straight up over-throws that Dak doesn't typically miss, so it seems like it might be the calf injury.
There were also multiple plays where Dak appeared to be yelling at a receiver for his route. Maybe Dak is just playing frustrated. I'm not sure, it's just off.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
There were also multiple plays where Dak appeared to be yelling at a receiver for his route. Maybe Dak is just playing frustrated. I'm not sure, it's just off.
We shall see next Thursday. Sucks that home field advantage is probably off the table.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He is a strange QB. Has a high completion percentage but is not as accurate as you would like for an elite QB. Can make some of the hardest throws but easy ones are usually down and behind the receivers.

Top Bottom