Cowboys QB Dak Prescott was supposed to raise his MVP stock vs. Chiefs — he fell terribly short

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Show me where I have either said or implied that. Until then, you'll just continue to be one of many zone retards with zero comprehension skills.
Did you straight up call out Dak for failing to carry this team in this game?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Did you straight up call out Dak for failing to carry this team in this game?
So I guess that means every member here that hasn't come in explicitly calling out Dak in this game are 'making excuses' and are 'ok with Prescott's debacle.', eh?

:lol

Retard with zero comprehension skills it is, then. I can see why the zzzzzone has made you a mod.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
So I guess that means every member here that hasn't come in explicitly calling out Dak in this game are 'making excuses' and are 'ok with Prescott's debacle.', eh?

Retard with zero comprehension skills it is, then. I can see why the zzzzzone has made you a mod.
No, I asked if YOU held Dak accountable. Can you have a discussion without throwing around childish insults?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life

And yes, it was a big game debacle. He shit his pants

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Luckily QBs have more than one game to judge them on.
Absolutely! And I'm by no means giving up on him. That would be foolish. What does concern me though is that he's flopped in two of the last three games. And that, in and of itself, is no cause for panic either. But being the clear cut leader of the team, at $40 mil per, he has has pull his team through.
The next few games should be cake. But I'm hoping to see him take it to the Cards for a big game win.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This article is stupid clickbait bullshit, a perfect example of the media overhyping small sample sizes to create a sense of urgency/angst/anger/whatever. The NFL is the perfect sport for this because games are so compartmentalized and spread out as opposed to other sports where you have a game every 2-3 days.

The media has a whole week every week to stir up bullshit and create contrived narratives to manipulate people's emotions.

At the end of the day it was one game of 17 and I couldn't really give a fuck less if Prescott wins MVP now or ever, so whatever he was "supposed" to do is largely irrelevant outside of these contrived narratives.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Absolutely! And I'm by no means giving up on him. That would be foolish. What does concern me though is that he's flopped in two of the last three games. And that, in and of itself, is no cause for panic either. But being the clear cut leader of the team, at $40 mil per, he has has pull his team through.
The next few games should be cake. But I'm hoping to see him take it to the Cards for a big game win.
I'm just hoping we can see everyone healthy soon. We haven't seen it all year. We were close against the Falcons but no Smith. This offense could be really fun to watch if everyone gets on the field.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This article is stupid clickbait bullshit, a perfect example of the media overhyping small sample sizes to create a sense of urgency/angst/anger/whatever. The NFL is the perfect sport for this because games are so compartmentalized and spread out as opposed to other sports where you have a game every 2-3 days.

The media has a whole week every week to stir up bullshit and create contrived narratives to manipulate people's emotions.

At the end of the day it was one game of 17 and I couldn't really give a fuck less if Prescott wins MVP now or ever, so whatever he was "supposed" to do is largely irrelevant outside of these contrived narratives.
It’s a long season and this was an away game out of conference. A big media game for sure, but much less important for the Cowboys.

Dak really needs to get healthy

shoop

Semi-contributing member
If anyone had told us we would lose to TB, DEN, and KC and win the rest we would all have been happy at the beginning of the year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If anyone had told us we would lose to TB, DEN, and KC and win the rest we would all have been happy at the beginning of the year.
We could be 16-0 and people would panic if we lost. It's the nature of some of us.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So you’re saying 14-3? Pretty ballsy given the last 3 weeks.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
So you’re saying 14-3? Pretty ballsy given the last 3 weeks.
Most of us would have been in disbelief if you told us we would be 7-3 right now and those are exactly the games we would have assumed were the losses

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Most of us would have been in disbelief if you told us we would be 7-3 right now and those are exactly the games we would have assumed were the losses

not really, all of them were winnable games, but the culture of Dallas is no longer that of confidence or swagger but of medicority. none of those teams are dominant, if we were to play peak to peak with those teams, we are easily beating 2. Denver and KC were limping and there was little excuse for us to lose. but again, our culture isnt built that way.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
not really, all of them were winnable games, but the culture of Dallas is no longer that of confidence or swagger but of medicority. none of those teams are dominant, if we were to play peak to peak with those teams, we are easily beating 2. Denver and KC were limping and there was little excuse for us to lose. but again, our culture isnt built that way.
Beginning of this season you honestly believed that we would be a double digit win team? We all were optimistic but after last year the expectations were pretty low.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Beginning of this season you honestly believed that we would be a double digit win team? We all were optimistic but after last year the expectations were pretty low.

you give me a few good reasons why we couldnt? forget the opinions, but take teh team as a whole, at its peak and tell me why we couldnt compete? not that Football is "any given Sunday" but explain to me who is so dominant? who has the swagger and confidence to look at every team on their schedule and say "we dont fear them"

shoop

Semi-contributing member
With the extra game I would say that a lot of us thought 10 wins was the max. I went back and found our preseason poll. Almost all of us voted 10-11 wins. Bbgun was the outlier at 8-

we didn’t “fix” the safety position. We brought in Kearse who had a checkered past and was with 2 different teams last year, Kazee and Hooker who were both coming off of ACL tears.
While pretty much all of us were excited about the draft, it was assumed that brown or Lewis would be our third corner and no was thrilled about either though Brown had been serviceable as the third. We still had no proven solution on DT, coming off of a year when we had an all time bad defense. Lawrence waited until later than we would have liked to have his surgery so we knew he would be out part of the season, Gregory is/was mildly unknown, Parsons was an exciting prospect but we didn’t know his exact role and this team was still propping Jaylon Smith as a star player.

Dak was coming off his injury. While most of us liked Schultz he still needed to show more. Zeke “looked lean and refreshed” again. There were still question marks on the OL with Biadasz and Williams.

I’m not saying everything was doom and gloom but I don’t think we looked at this team as one of the top 5 ish in the NFL.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
With the extra game I would say that a lot of us thought 10 wins was the max. I went back and found our preseason poll. Almost all of us voted 10-11 wins. Bbgun was the outlier at 8-

we didn’t “fix” the safety position. We brought in Kearse who had a checkered past and was with 2 different teams last year, Kazee and Hooker who were both coming off of ACL tears.
While pretty much all of us were excited about the draft, it was assumed that brown or Lewis would be our third corner and no was thrilled about either though Brown had been serviceable as the third. We still had no proven solution on DT, coming off of a year when we had an all time bad defense. Lawrence waited until later than we would have liked to have his surgery so we knew he would be out part of the season, Gregory is/was mildly unknown, Parsons was an exciting prospect but we didn’t know his exact role and this team was still propping Jaylon Smith as a star player.

Dak was coming off his injury. While most of us liked Schultz he still needed to show more. Zeke “looked lean and refreshed” again. There were still question marks on the OL with Biadasz and Williams.

I’m not saying everything was doom and gloom but I don’t think we looked at this team as one of the top 5 ish in the NFL.

I personally feel the team as a whole, with our coaches, has little excuses to beat some really good teams. Granted, even good teams hae bad days, some good teams are propped by the media, and most of the teams are fools gold thta have good records because their divisions suck worse.

This should have been a very good year for Dallas and it still might be. yes most of this im knee jerking. I get it. but im tired of the mediocre team beating up teh bad teams. this team needs to get dominant. Quinn is doing really good wiht what he has, as is the Joe P, but the damn offense should be scoring more than 19 points easily. we have no back up qb because lets face it, Dak going down was a shocker right? right? i mean a QB making a whole season should be automatic in todays NFL.

Just sad to see another year wasted when it was so good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just sad to see another year wasted when it was so good.
Yeah this is a real knee jersey reaction. We were missing half our top players against the Chiefs and everyone on offense who did play had probably their worst game of the season. Even great teams go through Luls. It's a long season. Those all time great 90s teams even lost games.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think the most disappointing aspect of Dak is the up and down nature of his game. He can be so really good, and then be so really bad. Obviously all QBs have those games, but it seems to happen with more frequency with Dak. Of course, you can point to the fact he’s a third round pick, he’s coming off an injury etc but he demanded a contract that pays him as an elite tier QB. The problem is he’s not consistent in that elite performance.

Top Bottom