Cowboys Only Mock Drafts

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hard to do it this far out, but always fun anways...do your best, or worst.

2015 Draft Choices (6)

Round Pick

1 (27)
2 (60)
3 (91)
4 (124)
5 (155)
6 None
7 (206)

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not entirely happy with it, wanted a RB, but based off rankings I have seen it just did not work out.

Round Pick

1 (27) Eddie Goldman, DT, FSU
2 (60) Cody Prewitt, FS, Ole Miss
3 (91) Preston Smith, DE, Miss St
4 (124) Lyndon Trail, DE, Norfolk St
5 (155) Martrell Spraight, LB, Ark
6 None
7 (206) Kenny Bell, WR, Neb

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Hard to do before free agency but why not?

1. Malcom Brown, DT Texas
2. Tevin Coleman, RB Indiana
3. Chris Hackett, S TCU
4. Markus Golden, DE Missouri
5. Quandre Diggs, CB Texas
7. Tony Washington, DE Oregon

Two based on who we've brought in to visit, had to put a CB in the 1st for one of them:

1. Eric Kendricks, LB UCLA
2. Jay Ajayi, RB Boise St.
3. Trey Flowers, DE Arkansas
4. Josh Shaw, CB USC
5. Ty Montgomery, WR Stanford
7. Chaz Green, OT Florida

1. Kevin Johnson, CB Wake Forest
2. Danielle Hunter, DE LSU
3. TJ Yeldon, RB Alabama
4. Jordan Hicks, LB Texas
5. Chris Conley, WR Georgia
7. Tray Walker, CB Texas Southern

Most ideal:

1. Bud Dupree, DE Kentucky
2. Jay Ajayi, RB Boise St.
3. Grady Jarrett, DT Clemson
4. Steven Nelson, CB Oregon St.
5. Jamison Crowder, WR Duke
7. Laurence Gibson, OT Virginia Tech

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
I think we traded for 2 extra 7ths and then traded away 2 7ths so we shouldn't only have 1 7th

D

Deuce

I think it's realistic in terms of where their ranges could be.

1 (27) Malcolm Brown - DT - Texas - Most likely BPA that fits a need. He, along with Crawford inside, will create a nice push.
2 (60) Jacoby Glenn - CB - UCF - This is the ceiling of his range, but I like him too much for this scheme. He's a Peanut Tillman clone, IMO.
3 (91) TJ Yeldon - RB - Alabama - I think Yeldon may be a RB that slides because someone will fall in love with the big play potential of Duke and Coleman.
4 (124) Trey Flowers - DE - Arkansas - Another nice fit and provides good competition at RDE with Lawrence.
5 (155)Shaq Mason - OG - Georgia Tech - Loved him for a long time. Nice depth and will keep the running game moving forward.
7 (237) Damian Swann - CB - Georgia - More CB depth that has a willingness to tackle.
7 (244) Terrence Plummer - MLB - UCF - Homer pick, but he's a playmaker and leader in the middle. Former Conference DPOY. Great depth on a unit with a need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

1 (27) Malcolm Brown - DT - Texas - Most likely BPA that fits a need. He, along with Crawford inside, will create a nice push.
2 (60) Jacoby Glenn - CB - UCF - This is the ceiling of his range, but I like him too much for this scheme. He's a Peanut Tillman clone, IMO.
3 (91) TJ Yeldon - RB - Alabama - I think Yeldon may be a RB that slides because someone will fall in love with the big play potential of Duke and Coleman.
4 (124) Trey Flowers - DE - Arkansas - Another nice fit and provides good competition at RDE with Lawrence.
5 (155) Shaq Mason - OG - Georgia Tech - Loved him for a long time. Nice depth and will keep the running game moving forward.
7 (206) Terrence Plummer - MLB - UCF - Homer pick, but he's a playmaker and leader in the middle. Former Conference DPOY. Great depth on a unit with a need.
1. Likey a lot
2. HOMER-Alert!!!
3. Hoping he falls that far
4. I think he's long gone by now, would love it if there
5. Agreed
6. See number 2...
missing second 7th...

I'd be quite happy with this

D

Deuce

1. Likey a lot
2. HOMER-Alert!!!
3. Hoping he falls that far
4. I think he's long gone by now, would love it if there
5. Agreed
6. See number 2...
missing second 7th...

I'd be quite happy with this
We don't have a 6th, my last pick is the 7th.

And I don't think Glenn is a homer pick. He's legit and he fits the frame we seem to be looking at.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

And I don't think Glenn is a homer pick. He's legit and he fits the frame we seem to be looking at.
You didn't do the second 7th round pick.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jacoby-glenn?id=2552606
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1999909/jacoby-glenn
http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/nfl-draft-profile-central-florida-cb-jacoby-glenn
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/02/2015-nfl-draft-player-profiles-central-florida-cb-jacoby-glenn/

quick search and the highest he's ranked is mid 3rd most have him as late 4th early 5th...

D

Deuce

When picking that late in the 2nd, you're most likely getting a 3rd round rated player anyhow. Isn't a huge disparity between early 3rd and mid 3rd.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

2 (60) TJ Yeldon - RB - Alabama - I think Yeldon may be a RB that slides because someone will fall in love with the big play potential of Duke and Coleman.
3 (91) Trey Flowers - DE - Arkansas - Another nice fit and provides good competition at RDE with Lawrence.
4 (124) Jacoby Glenn - CB - UCF - This is the ceiling of his range, but I like him too much for this scheme. He's a Peanut Tillman clone, IMO.
5 (155)Shaq Mason - OG - Georgia Tech - Loved him for a long time. Nice depth and will keep the running game moving forward.
7 (237) Damian Swann - CB - Georgia - More CB depth that has a willingness to tackle.
7 (244) Terrence Plummer - MLB - UCF - Homer pick, but he's a playmaker and leader in the middle. Former Conference DPOY. Great depth on a unit with a need.
FIFY...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
2. HOMER-Alert!!!
I have been reading some things that Glenn might slide deep down in the draft or may even slip out of it entirely.

They had O'Leary on Sirius the other day and he basically refused to endorse him. Basically said he didn't listen to advice to stay in school and that he's not ready for the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
When picking that late in the 2nd, you're most likely getting a 3rd round rated player anyhow. Isn't a huge disparity between early 3rd and mid 3rd.
:lol

Talk about reaching. Well a late first is like a second. A second isn't much different then an early third. An early third isn't much different then a mid third rounder. Might as well take the guy in the first.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I guess since there isn't that much disparity we shouldn't expect any compensation if we trade back... :art

Top Bottom