Cowboys Nostalgia Thread

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry and Stephen had practically every qb in that draft rated ahead of Dak.
It's a maracle almost as big as Romo that we didn't end up with Lynch or Connor Cook.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Greg Ellis was a really whiny bitch and I didn't care for him much, but it would be a lie to say that he wasn't a solid football player.

From just a talent standpoint, I wish we had a guy at least as good as him on the opposite side of Lawrence right now.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Greg Ellis was a really whiny bitch and I didn't care for him much, but it would be a lie to say that he wasn't a solid football player.

From just a talent standpoint, I wish we had a guy at least as good as him on the opposite side of Lawrence right now.
I didn't think he'd make it through with Parcells, but he found a second wind with him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I didn't think he'd make it through with Parcells, but he found a second wind with him.
If we had a true nose tackle and Anthony Henry remained healthy, that 2007 defense might have been special. Ellis had a dozen sacks, I think.

Instead we had Ratliff a decent penetrator vs the pass but VERY hit or miss vs the run.

The Patriots, for example, ran Kevin Faulk at key times right up the middle on us keeping drives alive and creating makeable 3rd downs. They didn't dominate on the ground, but they backed off the pass rush just enough for Brady to ravage our undermanned DB's.

By 2008, Ratliff had become a joke vs the run.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, who knows how much better it could have gone for him if he hadn't been so fucking negative and whiney.

He wanted nothing to do with playing OLB in a 3-4 and yet it was that position that allowed him to record the only double digit sack season of his career.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Ellis was a whiney bitch. No idea why he was so scared of OLB. I remember Wade saying immediately, I don't know what the problem is, he's my starting outside 'backer. And like Ravi said, he only set a career high in sacks that year.

But I have to say, that 2009 defense was 4th in rush yards that year. So I wouldn't say Ratliff was holding it back. I do remember Wade got some decent play out of Junior Siavii, who was like 6-5 and 320. (Though maybe that was 2008. I guess 2009 was Tank whatever. )

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He wasn't, but Ravi is irrational with undersized DLs.
Yeah and if their was a flaw it's that Phillips was a heavy upfield guy. Sometimes you open yourself up to the run game when all your Dlineman and pass rushers are flying upfield. Ratliff was a pure stud though, Ravi's frustration is misplaced because he wasn't 320 pounds.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah and if their was a flaw it's that Phillips was a heavy upfield guy. Sometimes you open yourself up to the run game when all your Dlineman and pass rushers are flying upfield. Ratliff was a pure stud though, Ravi's frustration is misplaced because he wasn't 320 pounds.
We all know Ravi has a BBDL infatuation

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Thatll be the day when we draft a first round BBDL. Call the popo for a welfare check

:faint
This will be Ravi if we ever do

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He wasn't, but Ravi is irrational with undersized DLs.
He was out of position and it took years off his career. He’d have been a perfect 3T or DE but they had him at nose. Sometimes they could scheme him free, but other times he’d take blocks straight on and they’d run right at him. Stephen Jackson left cleat prints all over him lol.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder why they took it down? Because it referenced "Indians?"

@bbgun it was an old lunch box with a bunch of pioneers in covered wagons surrounded by Indians and the Super 70s guy said something about these Cowboys were about to get wiped out so bad it looked like Jason Garrett was coaching them. :lol

Top Bottom