Cowboys Cut P Chris Jones

p1_

DCC 4Life
You thought he was a good punter? Flipped field position for us consistently? Pinned teams deep? Good hangtime to nullify returns?

Or were you just blinded by his woo hit.
someone wasnt paying attention.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
You thought he was a good punter? Flipped field position for us consistently? Pinned teams deep? Good hangtime to nullify returns?

Or were you just blinded by his woo hit.

i understand talking and learning about others is very hard. questions, reading and all that, but thats not what i said.

I said very clearly, i dont get the hate for the guy. thats not on him, its on you guys. not every player is going to be the best, not every player we sign in FA or draft are the BEST EVER HALL OF FAMERS most of you believe they will be.

I dont understand the hate.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
i understand talking and learning about others is very hard. questions, reading and all that, but thats not what i said.

I said very clearly, i dont get the hate for the guy. thats not on him, its on you guys. not every player is going to be the best, not every player we sign in FA or draft are the BEST EVER HALL OF FAMERS most of you believe they will be.

He sucks as a punter. That's where the hate comes from.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Embrace the hate.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
you've never hated a player?

what purpose would that serve? i might yell if they make a stupid play, but to hate on a player? i cant say i ever have, not riding a high horse here, or thinking less of anyone, believe me i just dont get the hate. Im not saying hes a great punter, he might be a fair punter, did what was asked of him i guess. but to act like the guy went out of his way to hurt the team or not deserve his spot, idk just seems a bit rough for a punter.

p1_

DCC 4Life
what purpose would that serve? i might yell if they make a stupid play, but to hate on a player? i cant say i ever have, not riding a high horse here, or thinking less of anyone, believe me i just dont get the hate. Im not saying hes a great punter, he might be a fair punter, did what was asked of him i guess. but to act like the guy went out of his way to hurt the team or not deserve his spot, idk just seems a bit rough for a punter.
Punters have standards too, that’s why metrics exist. They directly impact field position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He definitely didn't deserve his spot. That's all we care about for the most part. I don't think anyone actually hates him as a person. They hate the way he played and the fact that he continued to play regardless. I went through and looked quick but it appears to me he was 35th in the NFL last year in average punt length. There were like 5 guys listed as worse and I'm pretty sure 4 of those 5 guys were kickers that had to punt for some reason or another. So you can see why people didn't like him.

Now Jaylon Smith, some people I think actually hate him personally.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Punters have standards too, that’s why metrics exist. They directly impact field position.

again, a lot of factors metrics dont take into account, they play one game, football is another game. try not to confuse it. regardless of what anyone things, and this is a very hard for fans to understand. let me break it down for you, PLayers do NOT hire themselves, they do not sign the checks, they dont even run the show. Now for whatever reason, Chris and his metrics have little to do with this, he was hired, contracted and told what to do, if he didnt do it up to their standards and THEY kept him on, thats not his doing, he just kept getting a check. NOT A BAD JIG.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
He definitely didn't deserve his spot. That's all we care about for the most part. I don't think anyone actually hates him as a person. They hate the way he played and the fact that he continued to play regardless.

Now Jaylon Smith, some people I think actually hate him personally.

crap, cant argue this post.

oh well, carry on. spot on post and i wont ruin it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
again, a lot of factors metrics dont take into account, they play one game, football is another game. try not to confuse it. regardless of what anyone things, and this is a very hard for fans to understand. let me break it down for you, PLayers do NOT hire themselves, they do not sign the checks, they dont even run the show. Now for whatever reason, Chris and his metrics have little to do with this, he was hired, contracted and told what to do, if he didnt do it up to their standards and THEY kept him on, thats not his doing, he just kept getting a check. NOT A BAD JIG.
um, newsflash: he got fired. For a reason, sir. And it wasnt personal.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
um, newsflash: he got fired. For a reason, sir. And it wasnt personal.

he didnt get fired, he just got a better jig someplace else, pish posh, boy that talented cant get fired, maybe he quit before they could fire him.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Nobody expect players to the BEST EVER HALL OF FAMERS. So there's really no need for the junior high girl dramatics. But what is expecte is somebody that has been around as long as he has to do their job at a competent level. He doesn't He fucking sucks.

That's where the hate comes from, since you were curios as to why, I told you.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
he didnt get fired, he just got a better jig someplace else, pish posh, boy that talented cant get fired, maybe he quit before they could fire him.
Huh? He didn't quit. He got fired. That's what getting cut means.

And no... He didn't get a better "jig" someplace else. He's unsigned.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Huh? He didn't quit. He got fired. That's what getting cut means.

And no... He didn't get a better "jig" someplace else. He's unsigned.
And I think he also meant a better gig.

Top Bottom