Cowboy Chris: Dak You Are Not Worth 40 Million Dollars A Year

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
I would agree. How many coaches win early in their first season? @dpf1123? Your first project as board statistician. I know you declined the position, but...
I started looking at this and it's way too much of a pain in the ass. I made it through the first game for each. :lol There have been 64 first year head coaches over the last 10 seasons (including 2020). They went 22-41-1 in their first game. Not great. And I don't think it tells you very much. Most of these teams sucked the previous year, which is why they got new head coaches.

What was more interesting was the number of turds who got multiple head coaching opportunities. Hue Jackson, Pat Shurmur, Chip Kelly, Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone and Adam Gase all got two jobs in different places.

And Cleveland has had 6 head coaches in 10 years. That's hard to believe.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I started looking at this and it's way too much of a pain in the ass. I made it through the first game for each. :lol There have been 64 first year head coaches over the last 10 seasons (including 2020). They went 22-41-1 in their first game. Not great. And I don't think it tells you very much. Most of these teams sucked the previous year, which is why they got new head coaches.

What was more interesting was the number of turds who got multiple head coaching opportunities. Hue Jackson, Pat Shurmur, Chip Kelly, Mike Mularkey, Doug Marrone and Adam Gase all got two jobs in different places.

You’re doing the Lord’s work. Thank you.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Whether you want to be labeled it or not, you are the board's badass statistician. Done.

data

Forbes #1
I started looking at this and it's way too much of a pain in the ass.
I’m your friend...they’re gonna use you up, and toss you aside when you got nothing left and call you nip.

Im not telling you what to do, but hope you can live a better life from my experiences.

Pro tip - Fabricate 53% of your reported data. It’s the nerdy way to spit in their proverbial hamburger.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
I’m your friend...they’re gonna use you up, and toss you aside when you got nothing left and call you nip.

Im not telling you what to do, but hope you can live a better life from my experiences.

Pro tip - Fabricate 53% of your reported data. It’s the nerdy way to spit in their proverbial hamburger.
The Bengals‘ uniforms were disgusting.

So, there.

MikeDowns26

Not So New Member
Still needs to prove himself. Should've taken a deal and re-negotiate after you do something big.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Anyone still think Dak isn't worth big time QB money? So he's not Mahomes or Jackson... he's become pretty damned good.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Anyone still think Dak isn't worth big time QB money? So he's not Mahomes or Jackson... he's become pretty damned good.
He absolutely is worth it. Do now go draft diving again.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dak is a better QB than Watson. He just is. Watson is a better athlete but Dak is better between the ear holes.
The Texans have clearly called on Watson to do more and with less.

Replace our star WRs with Brandon Cooks and it would hurt like a mofo for Dak too.

shane

DCC 4Life

Replace our star WRs with Brandon Cooks and it would hurt like a mofo for Dak too.
Good point. Watson would be helped by better coaching too. Dak has a better brain. But watson under a QB master could be spectacular. O'brien is worse than Garrett.

shane

DCC 4Life
I think I would take Dak over Jackson long term. Outside of Mahomes and Wilson, I dunno if there is a better guy to have for the future than Dak. Give the man his 45 million per year contract

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Even when Watson had weapons he's never shown that he's hands down a better QB than Dak. Their passing numbers are pretty much even. IMO, they're interchangeable. Two very good but not great QBs who are capable of winning a Super Bowl if surrounded by the right pieces and coaches.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Even when Watson had weapons he's never shown that he's hands down a better QB than Dak. Their passing numbers are pretty much even. IMO, they're interchangeable. Two very good but not great QBs who are capable of winning a Super Bowl if surrounded by the right pieces and coaches.
Outside of Hopkins, what other weapons has he really had?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Outside of Hopkins, what other weapons has he really had?
Just factoring in 2017-2019 seasons:

Aside from the RB position, their skill position players as a whole haven't been terrible.

Obviously Zeke > Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, & Duke Johnson.

But Hopkins, Stills, Fuller, Fells, & Akins, etc. is still a decent group and the gap wasn't very wide when compared to Cooper, Gallup, Witten, Beasley, Jarwin, Hurns, Cobb, Tavon Austin, etc.

But I do agree that 2019 - Present, Dak absolutely has more talent to work with to by a significant margin.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Just factoring in 2017-2019 seasons:

Aside from the RB position, their skill position players as a whole haven't been terrible.

Obviously Zeke > Lamar Miller, Carlos Hyde, & Duke Johnson.

But Hopkins, Stills, Fuller, Fells, & Akins, etc. is still a decent group and the gap wasn't very wide when compared to Cooper, Gallup, Witten, Beasley, Jarwin, Hurns, Cobb, Tavon Austin, etc.

But I do agree that 2019 - Present, Dak absolutely has more talent to work with to by a significant margin.
I totally agree that they aren’t terrible, but the closest one outside of Hop I consider to be a weapon is Fuller, who himself has issues with drops and injuries. We also have to factor in the offensive lines that both have played behind. At this point, I have seen more progression from Dak than Watson, the guy still holds on to the ball for too long at times, but they still boast the same amount of team success up this far if i’m not mistaken, in terms of divisional accolades, and a playoff win.

Make no mistake, I was firmly in the Dak is not an elite QB camp this offseason, and that is starting to change for me. But I am a Watson fan, and I think in a couple more years, we’ll be arguing where him/Dak/Jackson/Burrow fall behind Mahomes in the pecking order.

Top Bottom