College Basketball Chatter...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I always wanted him to get one more title and with the shadow of the academic investigation off the university finally I always thought he could in the next year or three.

Very sad.

Either he has health problems, or he's just done with the transfers and the one and done and the me-first era of athletes who are more about themselves than the team. In which case I can't blame him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well, fuck me.

Cotton

Staff member
damn it, we cant get anyone to stay in Lubbock and the one that was willing to got fired by the dip shits in charge, I was hoping Beard would break that streak
It's at least understandable with Beard. UT is his alma mater and he was a student assistant for their basketball team while he was there. I just really didn't think he would leave, tbh.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
It's at least understandable with Beard. UT is his alma mater and he was a student assistant for their basketball team while he was there. I just really didn't think he would leave, tbh.
Ah, I didn't realize that, makes sense, he gave me the feeling he might stay too. Reminds of when David McWilliams bolted after one year to go back to UT.

If only whats his face had hit that damn shot before OT

Cotton

Staff member
Ah, I didn't realize that, makes sense, he gave me the feeling he might stay too. Reminds of when David McWilliams bolted after one year to go back to UT.

If only whats his face had hit that damn shot before OT
The pressure is on him now. At TTU he could have off seasons and still stick around because he was revered in Lubbock. A couple of bad seasons, or if he takes too long to have success, they won't be as forgiving in Austin.

Cotton

Staff member
This is the Roy Williams thread now assfaces.
You hijack my FB post, and now you want to hijack the entire College Basketball thread? Are you sure you aren't a Longhorn fan? Pretentious.

Cotton

Staff member
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe we can talk Roy Williams into coming out of retirement.

CC: @Smitty

Cotton

Staff member
This is stupid. Beard can go f himself.
He didn't even allow Tech to counter the proposal. Yeah, he can fuck right off.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Chris Beard left for the greener pastures of Texas.

Sorry for your loss, Raiders.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

beard left for a dog shit program with a fan base that doesn’t even care. This particularly hurt because Beard was extremely entrenched in a small group of rich supporters that threw the world at him. I’m sort of proud because those supporters told him to F himself.

Cotton

Staff member

The more and more I think about it, Beard really screwed himself here. He could have been a legend at Tech. Those self-entitled fucksticks at UT will bore of him quickly if he doesn't produce almost immediately.

Cotton

Staff member
Whoa, that dude has on a ProPetro hat. CSB time!

We went to Arlington for the opening college baseball tournament that was held this year at Globe Life Park. This guy and his wife walked up because he was being seated at the table next to us. He introduced himself as Dale Redman. We continued our conversation and turns out he was the dad of former TTU catcher, Hunter Redman. He also told me that his son, Michael Davis (former TTU pitcher) and Tanner Gardner (former TTU outfielder) would be joining them. I was able to meet them all which was really cool.

Turns out Dale was the former CEO of ProPetrol (I had to do some google stalking later). I just wonder how close this big dog was to the dude wearing the ProPetrol hat in that picture, and how close he might have been to Beard. I know he has huge ties to Tech because as we talked he told me about conversations he had with Dr. Mitchell (our chancellor) and Schovanek (our president). It was a little unnerving that I rubbed elbows with someone that important.

/CSB

Top Bottom