College Basketball Chatter...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

#5 is going to be lit. :towel

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
So, TTU went with Mark Adams as their next HC. I am happy with this move. He is the architect of that defense and that defense was a huge part of the success we saw. I hope he brings in a good offensive minded assistant.

As soon as they announced the hire. Kyler Edwards (who already said he was leaving) immediately reversed course and said he was staying. 3 other players that were on the fence also tweeted out that they weren't going anywhere.

It's a good hire.
any idea how many of the players that contributed to Beards success were recruited by Tubby?

Cotton

Staff member
any idea how many of the players that contributed to Beards success were recruited by Tubby?
Hardly any, if any at all. Now, Adams, on the other hand, has had a huge hand in recruiting since he has been at Tech.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Baylor was locked in and was very impressive and flat out dominating in both Final Four games.

I've been saying for weeks that Baylor was clearly better than Gonzaga. When I saw that Gonzaga was favored in the game and all the experts were leaning Gonzaga as well, I was thinking, "what am I missing here". Because from my perspective, Baylor's skill, quickness, and athleticism has always leaped off the screen at me a lot more than Gonzaga's. And it showed last night in the first minute of the game.

Baylor's double-digit win is exactly what I expected.
its crazy the last 2 national championships had teams from the Big 12 finishing 1 & 2

never bought Id see that growing up

Cotton

Staff member
its crazy the last 2 national championships had teams from the Big 12 finishing 1 & 2

never bought Id see that growing up
Best basketball conference in the nation now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Oklahoma's kinda cyclical. They usually field decent teams that make the tournament in the 6 to 10 seed range, but they typically get bounced on opening weekend. However, about every 6 years or so they'll get their hands on a great player and will end up making a run to the Final Four or Elite Eight.

The last time we had lengthy tournament runs were in 2002, 2003, 2009, and 2016.

We're due for another decent run within the next couple of years. OU has a new coach as well. They plucked the guy who led Loyola Chicago to the Final Four in 2018 and the Sweet 16 this season.

A lot of new faces heading up some of the Big 12's most notable programs.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
F Beard

Cotton

Staff member
I am trying my damndest not to get ahead of myself, but this may have been a blessing in disguise. Beard has never coached at the D1 level without having Adams' defense at his disposal, and Adams just brought in a solid offensive mind in Peery. So, I am hoping/wishing/thinking we might be better off as a team with Beard gone. We will see. It would be glorious if we continue out success and UT tanks.

Cotton

Staff member

Fuck Beard.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Useless information for the BBall thread. Purdue HOF’er Gene Keady is my next door neighbor. Seems to be a real nice guy.

Top Bottom