College Basketball Chatter...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Michael Irvin was cocky. Did you have a problem with him back in the 90s?
No, but he wasn't playing against women and subpar competition. Sexist or whatever, I don't give a shit.

In all fairness she is an amazing shooter. I can't argue that.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No, but he wasn't playing against women and subpar competition. Sexist or whatever, I don't give a shit.

In all fairness she is an amazing shooter. I can't argue that.
Where is she supposed to get the competition? There would be hell to pay if she said she wanted to play against the men.

So she plays where she has to play. Sometimes there is a generational player that comes around. Just enjoy what she is doing.

Cotton

Staff member
There would be hell to pay if she said she wanted to play against the men.
It's been happening but the other way around. Why is this different? If she can beat men, then more power to her.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It's been happening but the other way around. Why is this different? If she can beat men, then more power to her.
You have that view but how many others? Very few I would wager.

Cotton

Staff member
You have that view but how many others? Very few I would wager.
If women can beat men then they should. But, they can't. But, men can damn sure beat women at most sports. That's my point. Let her compete as an actual woman.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Anyone watching Yale trying to take down Auburn?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Not trying to hate on her or anything but I think an argument can be made that her record deserves some sort of asterisk because of the change in rules over the years.

Prior to 1972 freshmen weren't allowed to play on varsity teams. Therefore Maravich only had 3 years to accumulate his stats. Also, when Maravich played in college only 16 teams made the tournament and tournament stats didn't count towards your career numbers like they do now. So not only do modern players get an extra year, they also have the opportunity to add 8-10 games of stats to their resume via their conference and NCAA tournaments.

I said the same thing last year when some player from an obscure small university was close to breaking Maravich's record.

It's also ridiculous that anyone would compare the women to the men. It's basically two different sports.

It makes about as much sense as comparing the career wins of Cy Young to Tom Brady. It's just two different things.

Top Bottom