Chris Petersen

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So since Chris Petersen is now more of a prime candidate since his resignation....

Ayuh or feh?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So since Chris Petersen is now more of a prime candidate since his resignation....

Ayuh or feh?
Kellen Moore is one of his products so there’s that but who knows?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He should certainly be on the list of coaching candidates. I'd have no problem with the hire. The NFL is trending towards college schemes and concepts so I wouldn't be concerned at all about him being a college coach making the jump over to the pros.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He should certainly be on the list of coaching candidates. I'd have no problem with the hire. The NFL is trending towards college schemes and concepts so I wouldn't be concerned at all about him being a college coach making the jump over to the pros.
It just struck me since it came out of the blue.

The dude is well respected enough, he could take a college job, i.e. USC. But the Dallas thing is too obvious. Moore. Our fetish for players from his program. Worth keeping an eye on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It just struck me since it came out of the blue.

The dude is well respected enough, he could take a college job, i.e. USC. But the Dallas thing is too obvious. Moore. Our fetish for players from his program. Worth keeping an eye on.
I think he is a really good college coach. Have no idea how he would fare in the NFL. I don't think he could be any worse than Garrett though. Plus he would probably pair well with Moore at OC to help him be better.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think he is a really good college coach. Have no idea how he would fare in the NFL. I don't think he could be any worse than Garrett though. Plus he would probably pair well with Moore at OC to help him be better.
Three things I like:

I like that he worked his way up and earned promotions. That's always a huge plus for me. I don't like coaches who are simply anointed into positions.

I like that he's had great success at both of his head coaching jobs. That tells me he's the system and his success isn't dictated by bringing in a top 15 recruiting class.

I like that he seems to get the most out of his team. He doesn't waste talent. The only year that I think you can make an argument that his team was a bit of a disappointment was his 2018 Washington team. That team was still pretty good and went to the Rose Bowl, but coming into the season they had a very experienced QB (Browning) and were playing in a weakened PAC 12....so most assumed Washington would make the playoffs. Other than that, I think he's lived up to most people's expectations each and every year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom