Chiefs Stuff...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I’m worried about Cooper not being available against the blitz, but at least Gallup is back.

And Cedrick Wilson

Chiefs defense might be all the way back, too

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ideally it'll be Lamb and the running game, keep that Schultz extension down.
I anticipate them focusing on taking Lamb away and Schultz getting extra touches as a result.

It would be nice if the running game got rolling again like it was earlier in the season. We'll see if the return of Smith at LT and the swapping out of Connors at LG will give the run game an extra boost.

ZeroClub

UFA
I'm excited about tomorrow's game. It reminds me some of the 2016 game vs. the Steelers.

Chances are very good that the Cowboys will be NFC East winners regardless of the tomorrow's outcome. The game may impact playoff seeding, but if the Cowboys are a true championship caliber team going into the playoffs, a seed spot either way shouldn't make or break their postseason.

The main importance of tomorrow's game is how it prepares the team for the playoffs. This game is an opportunity to play a seasoned team with a top-flight QB in a hostile environment. These Cowboys have little post season experience and could use some big game experience, even if in a relatively low-stakes game.

And there's several interesting parts to this game:

We'll see the reconfigured OL play together. For the second time in 14 days, there's two simultaneous changes to the OL lineup. That's kind of a big deal (it was against the Broncos). How will McGovern respond?

Gallup will have the chance to establish himself within this offense in the absence of Cooper.

It's a test for Moore. How does he adjust to the absence of Cooper? Does Moore continue to mix-in unorthodox formations and deceptive plays (e.g., reverses, a Wilson pass attempt)? Will Connor Williams lineup as FB? If the game becomes a track meet, the pressure will be on the Cowboys offense and Moore's play calling.

It's another opportunity to develop and evaluate the pecking order of the DL for future rotations (the substitutions that occur after D-Law, Gregory, and Gallimore return).

It's another chance for Parsons to learn, become better, and to continue to carve out his own role on this team (besides making big plays, can he help fuel the intensity of his teammates).

And what a challenge for the secondary to go against Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. These DBs may well face Rodgers and/or Brady in the playoffs. It's great preparation for the secondary to face Mahomes now.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The main importance of tomorrow's game is how it prepares the team for the playoffs. This game is an opportunity to play a seasoned team with a top-flight QB in a hostile environment. These Cowboys have little post season experience and could use some big game experience, even if in a relatively low-stakes game.

That's a good point.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think we will be fine without Cooper. We have so many other weapons. Hell, even Malik has shown some good stuff. Easily the deepest position on the team.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They should at least line up Steele as a power TE some tomorrow. He was so good run blocking on the right side when he was over there. Martin, Collins, and him would be a lot of power together.

Cotton

Staff member
They should at least line up Steele as a power TE some tomorrow. He was so good run blocking on the right side when he was over there. Martin, Collins, and him would be a lot of power together.
I like the way you think, Kellen.

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait, replace Badass at C with McGovern and move Collins to LG, and start Steele over Collins. Uhh, hell no.
Yeah some of the dumbest shit. By the way, Biadasz seems to have settled in at center nicely from what I can tell. Every once in awhile he fucked up a snap count but that all I've noticed lately.

But I'm sure their is a PFF grade somewhere to tell me he has been awful.

Cotton

Staff member
That’s our best five when push literally comes to shove

Biadasz can’t handle power NT’s and Williams is a penalty machine.
But, not necessarily the best move. Just because they are the most talented doesn't mean it's a good move. You can't just move around our OL like chess pieces. If you do, you've stopped playing chess and are now playing checkers.

Top Bottom