Charlie Daniels dead at 83

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Damn... RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. I just listened to it the other day in fact.
You and I are both rockers and don’t really like country music much and we both can agree that song is one of the best ever. That’s called reaching way across genre lines to touch a much larger fan base. That’s legend status.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You and I are both rockers and don’t really like country music much and we both can agree that song is one of the best ever. That’s called reaching way across genre lines to touch a much larger fan base. That’s legend status.

Yep. Good music is good music.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I saw Charlie early in his career. My wife and I had booked a show at State Line Nevada to see Frank Sinatra. Sinatra didn’t make it so Charlie who was just getting started in the established music industry was Sinatra’s replacement. I remember his opening dialogue very well. He said.....Me and the boys have never played in a place like the but we are Damn sure proud to be here. That was the total dialogue for the entire show. Of course The Devil went Down To Georgia was his only national big hit and we heard it from front row seats. I never saw him perform live again. That had to be at least 50 years ago.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Devil went Down To Georgia was his only national big hit and we heard it from front row seats. I never saw him perform live again. That had to be at least 50 years ago.
That song was released about 40 years ago.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
It was big during the Iranian hostage crisis.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Which music genre did you stop keeping current?

For me, early 2000s when autotune, over-produced music and the pop-folk stuff started. That’s when music passed me by for the younger generation.

As many Gen Xers would say, when did music jump the shark for you?
It hard to say as a matter of quitting on a specific genre. I probably took a casual approach to most genres when I took a few years to try to write music myself. I did ‘this for probably 20 years. The music as a whole evolved during this time and I lost a lot interest in even the country genre during the 90s on. All the other music styles seemed to merge and the emergence of rap was totally lost on me because I viewed it as poetry because there was only lyrics with gimmick musical support.

I guit writing some time ago but as of late I have begun to dig into songs that were created during the time I was writing since I didn't pay enough time listening to them.

More to your question I guess I lost interest in some genres when they tried to cross the lines to include sounds of other styles that just didn’t seem appropriate.

data

Forbes #1
It hard to say as a matter of quitting on a specific genre. I probably took a casual approach to most genres when I took a few years to try to write music myself. I did ‘this for probably 20 years. The music as a whole evolved during this time and I lost a lot interest in even the country genre during the 90s on. All the other music styles seemed to merge and the emergence of rap was totally lost on me because I viewed it as poetry because there was only lyrics with gimmick musical support.

I guit writing some time ago but as of late I have begun to dig into songs that were created during the time I was writing since I didn't pay enough time listening to them.

More to your question I guess I lost interest in some genres when they tried to cross the lines to include sounds of other styles that just didn’t seem appropriate.
Man, LT, you stayed hip for a long time. I called it quits in my 30s.

Please tell me you had arena rock big hairspray hair and earrings.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

My guess is more like a huge cowboy hat, a black tassled shirt with rhinestones, and assless chaps.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My guess is more like a huge cowboy hat, a black tassled shirt with rhinestones, and assless chaps.
God damn you. I was not expecting this and now have to wipe Dr. Pepper off my computer monitor.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Always had cool duds in my alter ego but dashing business wear for my mainstay income.
Have you been in my closet?

Top Bottom