Chargers Stuff...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I assume by DE they mean the DPR/stand up 3-4 OLB LEO type role that he was already dabbling in.

They better not just line him up across from OT's all day and ask him to bang heads.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So just got a notice that they are moving Parsons to DE with the injuries?
An exaggeration I hope. They were giving him additional reps as prep, but he is not cut out to be an every down rusher.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I don't think he'll be full time outside rusher. At least I hope not. I think this is just from Basham and a couple others saying he was working there a little bit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why is information like that getting out?

Seems like the smart thing to do is to keep that info to yourself and see if you can catch the Chargers off guard for a few series.
Our owner has a big mouth. The players have big mouths.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Our owner has a big mouth. The players have big mouths.
Football is a game of inches and we insist on giving up inches before the game even starts.

Such is life as a Dallas Cowboy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why is information like that getting out?

Seems like the smart thing to do is to keep that info to yourself and see if you can catch the Chargers off guard for a few series.
Agreed, why let the other team know?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboys to play linebacker Micah Parsons at DE due to defensive line injuries
Published: Sep 19, 2021 at 07:05 AM
Headshot_Author_Ian_Rapoport_1400x1000

Ian Rapoport
NFL Network Insider

Baldy's Breakdowns: Micah Parsons is the centerpiece of the Dallas defense

When the Dallas Cowboys drafted Micah Parsons at No. 12, they selected the consensus top rated off-the-ball linebacker despite already being stacked at the position group. And just two weeks into the season -- out of a serious need -- they are already moving him.
The talented tackler from Penn State will essentially move to defensive end, sources say, beginning with Dallas' game against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Thanks to the broken foot that Demarcus Lawrence suffered at practice this week, along with Randy Gregory landing on the COVID-19 list, there is a big-time void when it comes to rushing the passer. Parsons should help fill it.
With Parsons making a move, Leighton Vander Esch should stay on the field in all packages along with Keanu Neal, which is another added benefit of the Parsons shift. Neal may play added safety snaps this week, paving the way for more Jaylon Smith snaps. Some tinkering for sure, but Dallas' D is confident it can perform.

Top Bottom