CBS: 5 trades that make sense. (Swiper to the Raiders)

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's both. He does avoid contact, but even when he's running to the ball he looks like he can't move properly anymore.
He runs like Sean Lee at the end of his career with none of the instincts or proper reads. He didn't always look that slow though with us.

p1_

DCC 4Life
There was a recent tweet showing how he was late reacting to chasing a ball carrier running laterally at the LOS, despite already being in best position to cover the play. That could be attributed to late reactions.

But the LB at the second level despite being much further away totally lapped Smith in pursuit.

9 just had no get up and go.
Slow to move
Slow to react
Neither is good

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Has anyone come up with a name for this embarrassing "thing" he did?
Reminds me of Curley doing a "why I oughtaa!" and then Moe saying, "oughtaa what?"

I oughtta go get back in the huddle, yuk yuk yuk

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I dont recall what Jaylon did to piss the Giants player off. Anyone, Bueller...?
That was more about Nick Gates trying to be a bad ass.

And there is this dipshit's response. Embarrassing

But I bet the staff viewed that as Jaylon diffusing the situation by clowning out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
  • Picard
Reactions: p1_

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just don’t see that much physically different between last year and 2018 for Smith. What I see is a guy out of position and blowing assignments. I see Bob Sturm saying “where is he going? What is he doing?”

Not “oh, he was just a step late. It’s clear he can’t quite make it in time anymore.” If he was close I’d say it’s cause he’s slowed down a step due to the injury. He’s not close, he’s lost.

Top Bottom