Brugler: Jachai Polite's Draft Stock Dropping

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Starting to look like he might be a legitimate alternative at 58...

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I was going to post this. His measurables aren't very good but his game tape isn't bad even though he looks like has a limited number of pass rush moves.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Found this article, not exactly a shining endorsement.

“Responds well to constructive criticism” is not a box Polite checked off this weekend. And it gets worse from there: A reporter asked the Florida product on how he tried to improve the weaknesses he saw in his film during the lead-up to the draft. His response was, um, interesting…
“I don’t really focus on — it’s just natural. That’s just how I play. I never really even watch myself that much to know that. That’s crazy.”
Even if it is true that Polite isn’t a big fan of self-scouting, YOU DON’T ADMIT THAT DURING WHAT’S BASICALLY YOUR JOB INTERVIEW. Polite is a raw prospect who will need to develop more pass rush moves to make an impact in the league. If he’s not actively working to better himself, team’s will rightfully be concerned. This is a terrible look.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/jachai-polite-combine-40-time-interviews

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Starting to look like he might be a legitimate alternative at 58...

Very productive and the tape is better than the workout numbers. I'd certainly consider him.

Assuming of course his attitude isn't so bad that we end up with another Taco.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Very productive and the tape is better than the workout numbers. I'd certainly consider him.

Assuming of course his attitude isn't so bad that we end up with another Taco.
I was thinking along the same lines. If he's not committed to learning, improving, and winning I don't think we should take him with our first pick. A lazy, unmotivated attitude is hard to work with.

Top Bottom