Broncos Stuff...

data

Forbes #1
This is actually the 1st time I've seen this helmet. I had no idea they wore these in the 70s.
That Tex Schramm. Always the promoter.

Wore the red, white and blue stripe the entire season to commemorate the bicentennial year 1976. Didn’t think I was gonna live long enough to see it in 2076. ~wipes tear~

You’re a grand ole flag, you’re a high-flyin flag

ZeroClub

UFA
That Tex Schramm. Always the promoter.

Wore the red, white and blue stripe the entire season to commemorate the bicentennial year 1976. Didn’t think I was gonna live long enough to see it in 2076. ~wipes tear~

You’re a grand ole flag, you’re a high-flyin flag
Pure Tex Schramm.

Staubach looked like Captain America in that helmet (although the "America's Team" thing happened later).

Here's an article that'll tell you all you could want to know about the 1976 helmet:

Spirit of '76: The year the Dallas Cowboys wore red, white, and blue

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Thank you for the article. That is good shit.
O RLY?

""
the ’76 red stripe as one of the top ten quirks of the one of the most iconic uniforms in all of sports, right up there with the Cowboys’ famously mismatched blues, silvers that aren’t quite silver...
""

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
O RLY?

""
the ’76 red stripe as one of the top ten quirks of the one of the most iconic uniforms in all of sports, right up there with the Cowboys’ famously mismatched blues, silvers that aren’t quite silver...
""
They ain't blue.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
From that article... combine the red stripe with the best blue jersey of all time and... giggity.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Limited basically means playing unless they want to go ultra-conservative like they did with Prescott, which I doubt.
Yeah, I mean if Gallup and Cooper are playing I'm not stressed either way. But Cooper is dealing with a hammy, Gallup is coming back from and injury and Lamb has this. So pick who you want to rest and play 2.

Top Bottom