Best TV/streaming for college/NFL football

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I switched banks and forgot to redo my Hulu payment method. It ended up cancelling on me so I figured now is the time reevaluate. What is the best streaming service for college football and overall the best?

Youtube?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Signed up for youtube tv.

Thanks for the help.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
YouTube TV carries the ACC network so I know I’ll get most UNC games now, which is a plus.

ESPN+ is the best for out of market hockey if that’s your thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
YouTube TV carries the ACC network so I know I’ll get most UNC games now, which is a plus.

ESPN+ is the best for out of market hockey if that’s your thing.
Yeah they have Big Ten Network and NFL Network. So I'm pretty pleased. I'm dumping Directv for them. I love how my bill with Directv balloons to over 200 a month and suddenly when I go to cancel they offer to lower it to around $100 dollars. I just don't have time to threaten canceling with them every 3 months when it goes back up.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah they have Big Ten Network and NFL Network. So I'm pretty pleased. I'm dumping Directv for them. I love how my bill with Directv balloons to over 200 a month and suddenly when I go to cancel they offer to lower it to around $100 dollars. I just don't have time to threaten canceling with them every 3 months when it goes back up.
Last time this happened to me with Direct, they offered to reduce it, but only a little, to like 130. On one TV! So I canceled.

Now I get almost daily emails that they want me back for like $80... But when I called, the woman said she had no offer like that on her screen.

They are a total mess since att bought them a few years ago.

Thinking about Dish. I don't want to go all streaming.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Last time this happened to me with Direct, they offered to reduce it, but only a little, to like 130. On one TV! So I canceled.

Now I get almost daily emails that they want me back for like $80... But when I called, the woman said she had no offer like that on her screen.

They are a total mess since att bought them a few years ago.

Thinking about Dish. I don't want to go all streaming.

You are going to run into the same problems at Dish that you did with Direct TV. Once your special ends they will jack the price up on you without notice. I have several streaming platforms and still pay less than both and dont feel like Im missing a beat.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You are going to run into the same problems at Dish that you did with Direct TV. Once your special ends they will jack the price up on you without notice. I have several streaming platforms and still pay less than both and dont feel like Im missing a beat.
I know, but at least they guarantee two years with everything I want for $89 (or even less), so I think that's long enough.

I do watch plenty of stuff on streaming, and it seems like there are more little bugs here and there than I'd like.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't stand that. It's never like a set time my prices go up either. Like directv would just increase a little. This promo ends or taxes and made up fees go up. And then a year later I'm paying 240 a month.

Youtube TV is one price, it doesn't change, I understand the fucking bill. It's simple and I don't slowly get ripped off. I can cancel anytime if it does and I don't have somebullshit cancelation fee because I didn't have them 2 full years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wish I could cut the cord, but the internet out here in the country is not up to the task just yet.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Which ones do you guys use besides Youtube? I refuse to give google a cent of my money if possible.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
YouTube.tv is the gold standard and it costs the most. We are currently signed up for Sling everything plus redzone for the same cost as YouTube.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
YouTube.tv is the gold standard and it costs the most. We are currently signed up for Sling everything plus redzone for the same cost as YouTube.
I actually was looking at that the last couple of days. Might even try it for a month... At least there are no contracts.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
We use Hulu, Netflix, Disney, and prime.

I just cancelled HBO, cinemax, and some other movie channel.

We've been paying around $110 month, which is still way less than what we paid Directv for nearly 20 years.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

We've been paying around $110 month, which is still way less than what we paid Directv for nearly 20 years.
Gosh those four services shouldn’t be $110/mo.

Prime is like $120/yr so that’s $10/mo. Netflix even for the 4K package is like $17/mo. Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ has a package for $13.99/mo.

Oh - unless you mean you also get the Hulu live package that mimics YouTube TV. That would probably get you to over $100.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Gosh those four services shouldn’t be $110/mo.

Prime is like $120/yr so that’s $10/mo. Netflix even for the 4K package is like $17/mo. Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ has a package for $13.99/mo.

Oh - unless you mean you also get the Hulu live package that mimics YouTube TV. That would probably get you to over $100.
Yeah, Hulu Live + those three movie channels was close to $90

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Yeah, but at the end of the day, it is getting close.

The nickel and dime shit is what is killer.

It is the same racket, just packaged differently.

I remember the brief relief from big phone companies and long distance charges when cell phones came around.

Now it is just the same sort of thing. Just different.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, Hulu Live + those three movie channels was close to $90
Hulu sucks. I have been trialing YouTube and I might stick with it.

I hate YouTube's interface, but other than that, it is comparable.

Top Bottom