Beast Mode traded to Oakland

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Raiders acquire Marshawn Lynch in trade with Seahawks

Marshawn Lynch officially is a member of the Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders announced Wednesday they acquired Lynch in a trade with the Seattle Seahawks. Lynch and the Raiders earlier agreed to terms on a contract that allows him to come out of retirement and play for his hometown team.

The only thing that was standing in the way of the trade was Lynch passing a physical for the Raiders, which he did on Wednesday morning, a source informed of the situation said.

The draft compensation will be a swap of late-round picks in 2018. Seattle gets Oakland's fifth-round pick in exchange for Lynch and the Seahawks' sixth-round pick, according to the Raiders.

"Yes Lawd 12th man I'm thankful but [expletive] just got REAL I had hella fun in Seattle," Lynch wrote on Twitter shortly before NFL Network's Omar Ruiz saw him at the Raiders' team facility Wednesday morning. "But I'm really from Oakland doe like really really really from Oakland doe... town bizzness breath on me."

Lynch was slated to be in the Bay Area on Tuesday to meet with the Raiders but didn't catch his flight. He arrived Wednesday after returning from a trip to Haiti, where he and former Seahawks teammates Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett have been touring to help build schools and houses.

As is nearly always the case with Lynch, no one was celebrating until the deal was officially done. All parties involved were wary of celebrating a deal until Lynch met with those necessary to complete a deal.

Lynch's contract for the 2017 season will pay a $3 million base, with a chance to make $2 million more if he gains 1,000 yards. The max value of the contract is $8.5 million.

Why a swap of late-round picks in the future? A source said both teams didn't want any uncertainty surrounding this year's picks so close to the start of the draft.

Lynch is also required -- eventually, but not immediately -- to file papers to unretire.

Lynch's move to Oakland caps off months of speculation about his return. He met with the Raiders on April 5 and expressed his desire to play for them. He told them he only wants to play for his hometown team in what amounted to a recruiting visit.

"I think it would be awesome just to have him around," quarterback Derek Carr told NFL Network's Steve Wyche two weeks ago. "He's a great teammate from everyone that I've talked to from the couple of Seahawks that we've had on our team. They love him."

Carr is about to find out what it's like to play alongside Beast Mode.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think they're gonna be disappointed.

He was already showing signs of decline his last season in Seattle and now he is more than a year removed from playing live ball. He already wasn't the most explosive guy in the world, so expecting a 31 year old big RB like him to come back and be the guy he was 3 years ago just isn't realistic.

I thought the guy they should have taken the chance on was Peterson. Yes, he too has questions surrounding him, but he's a physical freak and is more likely to have something left in him than Lynch.

Either way, these guys need to be after a RB in the draft.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think they're gonna be disappointed.

He was already showing signs of decline his last season in Seattle and now he is more than a year removed from playing live ball. He already wasn't the most explosive guy in the world, so expecting a 31 year old big RB like him to come back and be the guy he was 3 years ago just isn't realistic.

I thought the guy they should have taken the chance on was Peterson. Yes, he too has questions surrounding him, but he's a physical freak and is more likely to have something left in him than Lynch.

Either way, these guys need to be after a RB in the draft.
Hey. You.

Get your rear into our draft threads.

midswat

... soon
I hope he balls out, if for no other reason than I'd like to see someone other than the Patriots in the Super Bowl for the AFC.

Top Bottom