Bears Stuff...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wow... I had no idea we were that bad against top defenses. Doesn't get worse than that :unsure
This is what you get when you insert a guy with ZERO coaching experience as your offensive coordinator.

Kellen Moore is just the latest example of Jerry Jones' knee-jerk coaching decisions coming back to bite him in his old-wrinkled ass. Any GM with an ounce of common sense whose team was in "win now" mode would have hired an experienced coach.

I completely understand wanting to bring in younger more innovative coaches in the mold of McVay and Kyle Shanahan. But the piece of information that Jerry conveniently ignores is even though those younger coaches were only in their early-30's when they were hired, they already had several years of coaching experience under their belts before moving into OC and HC positions.

They did this crazy thing that apparently is a foreign concept in Dallas. They worked their way up the coaching ranks and EARNED their promotions.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Like everything else, Garrett is reactionary and not proactive. Any HC with a brain would've had them practicing outdoors before that NE game but Garrett only does it after he's called out for making an idiotic decision.
Sometimes I wonder what Cowboys teams from 2014-present could have accomplished if they had a head coach who at least made correct common sense decisions.

Garrett strikes me as one of those guys who is book smart but who lacks common sense & street smarts. He can probably quote Greek philosophers all day and is probably a wiz at Advanced Engineering Math, but if you ask him to allow an offense which is averaging 6 ypc to keep running the ball against the worst run defense in the league, you'll get nothing but a blank stare as he attempts to process this odd request.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sometimes I wonder what Cowboys teams from 2014-present could have accomplished if they had a head coach who at least made correct common sense decisions.

Garrett strikes me as one of those guys who is book smart but who lacks common sense & street smarts. He can probably quote Greek philosophers all day and is probably a wiz at Advanced Engineering Math, but if you ask him to allow an offense which is averaging 6 ypc to keep running the ball against the worst run defense in the league, you'll get nothing but a blank stare as he attempts to process this odd request.
I think that even a Ron Rivera caliber HC could've gotten us a Super Bowl appearance in either 2014 or 2016. A Harbaugh or Tomlin probably gets us a SB win.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Like everything else, Garrett is reactionary and not proactive. Any HC with a brain would've had them practicing outdoors before that NE game but Garrett only does it after he's called out for making an idiotic decision.
Yep. Problem is, that week the weather in Dallas was actually close to what NE would be. It wasn't that bad, but it was in the 40s and drizzling late in the week.

This week it's going to be in the 60s and perfect all week in Frisco. Bears game will be in the 30s.

BTW, I also saw a tweet from Machota showing Dak wearing a glove today where before the NE game he said he always figured that out in pregame. They're so reactionary it's pathetic.

p1_

DCC 4Life
maybe wet some footballs or something, because the weather calls for a GD monsoon. Revolutionary !

or maybe have a plan for your QB to wear the glove BEFORE the halfway point in said GD monsoon.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
From the looks of it, the Cowboys will practice outside for a third straight day, which is not something they have done this season. The final practice of a game week is typically red-zone and short-yardage work and a briefer session than a "Wednesday," or "Thursday," practice. Temperatures are cooler than normal, but Jason Garrett has talked about the importance of practicing on grass when a game is on grass, like at Chicago.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer10m ago

Where the fuck has this been all year, Jason? There have been zero reports of you adjusting practice to match game day conditions, you fraudulent piece of shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Archer is such a homer. Says temps are cooler than normal, but a quick check shows the normal high in Dallas on this date is 60.

It's supposed to be 68 today.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Sorry...I'll be rooting for Chicago after listening to Jones babble and seemingly walk back his Garrett anger.

The only way Garrett goes is if he craters and the team gives up these last 4 games. Jones probably has to see the team quit on Garrett to know its over.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Archer is such a homer. Says temps are cooler than normal, but a quick check shows the normal high in Dallas on this date is 60.

It's supposed to be 68 today.

Yeah, Archer isn't anything but a Jones nuthugger.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Damn what a low standard he has.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He just looks like a blob out there with no freakish retard strength. You wouldn't think a 315 lb guy would need another year in the weight room, but here we are.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yeah, Archer isn't anything but a Jones nuthugger.

Unfortunately if you want to continue to cover the Cowboys you really have to be. You can take small shots from time to time. Anything more and you are covering the Renegades.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Unfortunately if you want to continue to cover the Cowboys you really have to be. You can take small shots from time to time. Anything more and you are covering the Renegades.
Or the NBA like McMahon does now.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
or the Mavericks:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

At first this is alarming. But then again he gets about eight snaps a game so WGAS.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
or the Mavericks:

McMahon: You've also won 1 playoff game in the last 15 years, so what makes you think it's in the team's best interest?

That's some superhero shit right there. :lol

Top Bottom