Bears and Cutler agree to 7 year deal

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Bears have re-signed quarterback Jay Cutler to a seven-year deal that will keep him in Chicago through the 2020 season, according to General Manager Phil Emery at a press conference Thursday morning.

Emery said Thursday that Cutler, who returned to action in December after missing part of the season with a high ankle sprain, is a “demonstrated winner” and called this past season Cutler’s best because of his “leadership, his improvement, his display of toughness.”

No details are currently available regarding the contract amount.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Jalen Rose trolling.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Didn't see this one coming, thought for sure they would let Cutler walk and just roll with McCown for a year or draft someone

Carp

DCC 4Life
Didn't see this one coming, thought for sure they would let Cutler walk and just roll with McCown for a year or draft someone
I definitely though he'd come back. He was not the issue this year, their defense was.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Jalen Rose trolling.

Lions fans I've run across have been often been insufferable trolls for some odd reason.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Not a fan of Cutler but really think the Bears were in the same boat as we were with Romo. Expectations leading to them not being able to afford to let the player go.

Top Bottom