BBQ Thread

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
Anyone tried the BBQ whirlpool/vortex? For searing, nothing beats it.
1680531968785.png
If your meat's not done yet, it's perfect for setting it to the side for indirect.

I love that thing.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I picked up a cheap cut of beef from the butcher that I have never seen before. It is called Teres Major. I had no idea what it was until after I looked it up. It is supposed to be a poor man’s filet. Anyone ever grill one?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just googled it. Why didn't you tell us you were having money problems?
I am not. It bought it last week with the fat ass ribeye and filet. I did not go looking for it.

Again, has anyone else tried it?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
I have 3 racks of ribs in the sous vide at 170 for what will be 12 hours total before going in an ice bath for 30 minutes then on the smoker at 270 until done. One has the Meat Church Holy Cow rub, one has the Chris’ seasoning, the last one kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and brown sugar. I’ll let you know how everyone else likes it

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I eat that a lot.

I’ll be expecting my stipend.
We eat red beans all the time. I will stand in the gubment cheese line with you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We eat red beans all the time. I will stand in the gubment cheese line with you.
The gubment cheese in the early 1980s was primo.

Way better than what you could buy in the stores.

I distinctly remember a change from when my mother would make mac and cheese when we were really poor and then trying it again with store bought cheese.

I used to love mac and cheese until that happened.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I grew up on the Rez, and always had that commodity cheese. It was AWESOME.

I got some of the commodity cheese from a friend a few years ago, and it wasn't even close to the same anymore. It used to be good, hard american cheese. Now it's closer to velveeta. No thanks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I grew up on the Rez, and always had that commodity cheese. It was AWESOME.

I got some of the commodity cheese from a friend a few years ago, and it wasn't even close to the same anymore. It used to be good, hard american cheese. Now it's closer to velveeta. No thanks.
Even the poverty shit we had as kids was better than the fucking shit we have now. You can apply that to pretty much any food product as greed has dominated over quality.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

I distinctly remember a change from when my mother would make mac and cheese when we were really poor and then trying it again with store bought cheese.

I used to love mac and cheese until that happened.
The best grilled cheese sandwiches ever.

Top Bottom