BBQ Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Dammit, I was just curious and wanted to try something different. :lol
Holy shit...you put on a bow tie, too?

I've never tried flavored charcoal, but I do use lots of different flavors of wood. I am intrigued about the garlic charcoal though. We have a wild garlic patch in the backyard, so gonna try throwing some on during the next smoke.

The guy I usually buy smoking wood from found me some apple while he was up north, so I'm anxious to get ahold of it.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Someone said Kingsford going to have Pumpkin Spice charcoal this fall. :lol
I know a guy in Augusta who's gonna be on the lookout as soon as the first leaf falls...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Inspired by the big homie, @1bigfan13...rosemary and garlic is chilli in the steam pan while the ribs are smoking.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Inspired by the big homie, @1bigfan13...rosemary and garlic is chilli in the steam pan while the ribs are smoking.
Why does he have to be a "big" homie? Pretty sure I'm offended for him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Why does he have to be a "big" homie? Pretty sure I'm offended for him.
Because he's a mountain of a man.

But since we're in the bbq thread, I don't want to waste a thing.

Take that offense and a half cup butter, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup brown sugar. Combine then heat over medium for 15 minutes, then set aside for 30 minutes. Once cooled, pour into an ice tray, making 12 cubes. Let freeze for 2 hours, then one by one I'd like you shove all those offense-riddle bbqubes directly up your anus. Drizzle sauce over anything...they're keto and atkins friendly.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
Because he's a mountain of a man.

But since we're in the bbq yhread, I don't want to waste a thing.

Take that offense and a half cup butter, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup brown sugar. Combine then heat over medium for 15 minutes, then set aside for 30 minutes. Once cooled, pour into an ice tray, making 12 cubes. Let freeze for 2 hours, then one by one I'd like you shove all those offense-riddle bbqubes directly up your anus. Drizzle sauce over anythi g.
I knew where this was going when I read, "Take that offense and...". :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It’s been a while since I used my regular charcoal/wood grill because I normally opt for the convenience of my pellet grill. But yesterday I threw some 1 1/2” thick pork chops on my old grill and smoked them with some apple wood and charcoal…..damn those things came out good. I just finished polishing off one for lunch today.

It was as if one of my old flames (no pun intended) hit the gym and started wearing sexy clothing to show me what I’ve been missing.

I’m going to have to stop being lazy and start using the old school grill more often.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It’s been a while since I used my regular charcoal/wood grill because I normally opt for the convenience of my pellet grill. But yesterday I threw some 1 1/2” thick pork chops on my old grill and smoked them with some apple wood and charcoal…..damn those things came out good. I just finished polishing off one for lunch today.

It was as if one of my old flames (no pun intended) hit the gym and started wearing sexy clothing to show me what I’ve been missing.

I’m going to have to stop being lazy and start using the old school grill more often.
Yes you should!

The guy I normally buy cooking wood from just returned from a conference in Michigan and brought me back a shitload of apple wood.

Prolly gonna throw a salmon on the smoke this evening.

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life
Yes you should!

The guy I normally buy cooking wood from just returned from a conference in Michigan and brought me back a shitload of apple wood.

Prolly gonna throw a salmon on the smoke this evening.
Apple wood is great so is pear

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know... Seems like a redundant waste of time to me. Unless for some reason the two steaks have different tastes, you're just tasting the same thing.
Yeah, I don't really get the point.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You freeze dried a perfectly fine steak so you could break it up like styrofoam?

Proof of what a cesspool Tiktok is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My old shitty gas grill is dead and I am not going to replace it.

I am now considering a pellet/smoker combo or a Blackstone.

Convince me of one or the other.

Cotton

Staff member
My old shitty gas grill is dead and I am not going to replace it.

I am now considering a pellet/smoker combo or a Blackstone.

Convince me of one or the other.
I would buy the smoker before I would the griddle.

Top Bottom