BBQ Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This stuff is sweet ambrosia. Used some on an axis doe I killed a few weeks ago. Nothin but this, tenderloins, and some butter to baste in a hot cast iron skillet.
Careful. Keep this up and Iamtdg will be asking you for nudes.

roughneck266

DCC 4Life
Careful. Keep this up and Iamtdg will be asking you for nudes.
Only if it's integral to the plot! It is really good stuff though. I have used it on everything from ribeyes to bison, and it is awesome. Fiesta makes a lot of good stuff though.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Only if it's integral to the plot! It is really good stuff though. I have used it on everything from ribeyes to bison, and it is awesome. Fiesta makes a lot of good stuff though.
True that, their fajita seasoning is A+++

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep, I used to make up my own rub for brisket, ribs, and hams, but once I found this stuff, that all stopped. I just sprinkle this shit on it, rub it in, and then cook it. I have never seen a season that fits so many cooks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Yep, I used to make up my own rub for brisket, ribs, and hams, but once I found this stuff, that all stopped. I just sprinkle this shit on it, rub it in, and then cook it. I have never seen a season that fits so many cooks.
I use my own rub, too. But you have piqued my interest. I'm going to grill ribeyes tonight, and will give this a try. I saw online you can get this stuff at Walmart, eh? I honestly have no idea what is sold where, as I haven't even looked at store bought rubs for a long time now.

Cotton

Staff member
I use my own rub, too. But you have piqued my interest. I'm going to grill ribeyes tonight, and will give this a try. I saw online you can get this stuff at Walmart, eh? I honestly have no idea what is sold where, as I haven't even looked at store bought rubs for a long time now.
Yes, Walmart has it, but I encourage you to look around at your local grocery store first, because fuck Walmart. We have a local chain here that carries it.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and as its name states, it is phenomenal on steaks. You will not regret this. I was hesistant at first, too. Mainly, because I didn't trust anything outside of my own rubs, but this made me a believer.

data

Forbes #1
Uncle Chris’ is made in San Antonio by folks who know what gourmet steak seasoning should taste like...

Cotton

Staff member
Another tip, if you like red beans, Uncle Chris' is delicious in those, as well.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I used to put all kinds of rubs on steak plus coat with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, all kinds of shit and then I started working for two amazing chefs a few years ago. A salesman brought in some cuts of steak so the chefs cooked them up and sliced them so everyone could try. They were the best steaks I've ever had so naturally I asked them what the hell they put on those steaks, they said:

salt and pepper

and thats all I've used ever since

Here's the steak and potatoes I make all the time, its better than any steak house around Dallas so I now save my money and cook steaks at home:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I used to put all kinds of rubs on steak plus coat with Worcestershire sauce, garlic, all kinds of shit and then I started working for two amazing chefs a few years ago. A salesman brought in some cuts of steak so the chefs cooked them up and sliced them so everyone could try. They were the best steaks I've ever had so naturally I asked them what the hell they put on those steaks, they said:

salt and pepper

and thats all I've used ever since

Here's the steak and potatoes I make all the time, its better than any steak house around Dallas so I now save my money and cook steaks at home:

The vast majority of time when I make ribeyes, I only use salt and pepper. But once in awhile for a change, we used Montreal Steak Seasoning. But will try the stuff Iamtdg recommends this time.

As for your video... WTF? When I make a steak, I want a steak. A meal. Not a little snack. That dude had what amounts to an appetizer on his plate.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and if you use any kind of steak sauce on your steak to eat it, you are a filthy communist and deserve to choke on some gristle.

And if you use KETCHUP...? There is a spiked baseball bat waiting for you in hell to wallow out your butthole.
The only sauce I ever use with my steak is Au Jus. And, that is just the steak juices itself, so I consider myself from said bat raping.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The only sauce I ever use with my steak is Au Jus. And, that is just the steak juices itself, so I consider myself from said bat raping.
I only use Au Jus with prime rib.

But, yeah. This is ok, I guess. I will allow you to keep your brown eye intact.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
The vast majority of time when I make ribeyes, I only use salt and pepper. But once in awhile for a change, we used Montreal Steak Seasoning. But will try the stuff Iamtdg recommends this time.

As for your video... WTF? When I make a steak, I want a steak. A meal. Not a little snack. That dude had what amounts to an appetizer on his plate.
I'm gonna try that rub for shitz and grins too, the ingredients are interesting

lol at that guys portion size, I just follow the technique in the video and make a big ol steak (or two).

If you have a mandolin, gives those potatoes a shot, they're fantastic, crunchy on the outside and like mashed potatoes on the inside. (I have an electric fryer I bought for about $100 and it makes frying stuff like this easy as pie since it controls temperature)

I also buy fresh horseradish root & chop it in my food processor, blows away jars of horseradish.

Top Bottom