bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Williams was no conservative either, and your sad avatar reminds me that he's dead. Do better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Williams was no conservative either, and your sad avatar reminds me that he's dead. Do better.
I'm leaving it. It is a tribute to one of my favorites of all time.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm leaving it. It is a tribute to one of my favorites of all time.

I applaud it, and I was never a big fan of his work. There's a difference between someone who has liberal ideas and someone who is defined by them.

I have no idea where Robin Williams fell on the political spectrum, but he seemed like a pretty good guy.

There used to be a day when you could be civil and even be friends with someone who you disagree with politically.

We'll never get those days back if we're stuck in the mindset that someone with the opposite political opinions is to be shunned and vilified.

I wouldn't pay tribute to someone like say Keith Olbermann who uses his liberalism to control and bully people to a divisive degree, but I don't get the sense that someone like Williams was like that.

Nothing wrong with being liberal or conservative or whatever if you're a good person. In a lot of ways it's the yin yang of our society, and we need both to function effectively. I wish everyone would realize that.

It's the extremes - on both sides - that hurt the rest of us.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hard to do that in a romantic relationship. You tend to hook up with people who share your values.

There's probably some truth to that but the vast majority of our relationships aren't going to be romantic ones.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I applaud it, and I was never a big fan of his work. There's a difference between someone who has liberal ideas and someone who is defined by them.

I have no idea where Robin Williams fell on the political spectrum, but he seemed like a pretty good guy.

There used to be a day when you could be civil and even be friends with someone who you disagree with politically.

We'll never get those days back if we're stuck in the mindset that someone with the opposite political opinions is to be shunned and vilified.

I wouldn't pay tribute to someone like say Keith Olbermann who uses his liberalism to control and bully people to a divisive degree, but I don't get the sense that someone like Williams was like that.

Nothing wrong with being liberal or conservative or whatever if you're a good person. In a lot of ways it's the yin yang of our society, and we need both to function effectively. I wish everyone would realize that.

It's the extremes - on both sides - that hurt the rest of us.
I agree with 100% of this. The only reason I went away from Carey is because he is now batshit crazy. I didn't think about Robin until this morning because of one of the pics that Phil posted. I think it is a perfect fit for me, because I was a HUGE Robin Williams mark, and still am. He truly is one of my favorite actors/comedians of all time. And to know what he went through mentally just caps it off.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is there a way to center up his head in that avatar, though? Asking for a friend.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
Just reminded me...DQ was better when Dennis was on the cups.
It actually saddens me that there’s someone out there that collects this shit. Imagine the other inane stuff they must have in their possessions? Is this a life well spent or wasted hoarding?

It’s the equivalent of having a DCC koozie from 2010

Few acceptable reasons exist for a person to still have these cups

Top Bottom