Archer: Tony Romo healthy, ready for regular season

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tony Romo healthy, ready for regular season

August, 25, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas – After an offseason of inactivity because of surgery to remove a cyst from his back, Tony Romo was pleased with his activity in the preseason.

Since he will not play in the preseason finale against Houston, Romo’s preseason numbers look pretty good: 26 of 36, 367 yards, two touchdowns, no interceptions and three sacks.

From the opening day of camp through Saturday’s 24-18 win against Cincinnati, Romo has proclaimed he is 100 percent healthy.

He finds himself more pleased with a technical improvement with his delivery than with anything else.

“I think a lot of it just through my own technique sometimes is something that I really need the offseason every year,” Romo said. “Situational football you’ve got to practice football. You’ve got to be playing football but you can always improve yourself technically and fundamentally on your own and one thing I take pride in is always doing something like that in the offseason. Well, I was able to get a little bit of that before this new thing I was working on just the throwing of the football and I hadn’t been able to use it live all offseason. So I was very anxious to see it and when it came together for camp I was real excited it held up for camp and it held up for the preseason. I’m excited about just something that’s real big that I’ve found that for me will allow me to take another step just fundamentally, technically and do some things at a higher level that I may not have been able to do in the past. That’s pretty exciting from having the practices and the training camp. It was invaluable to me really.”

Romo said he would turn his attention to the regular-season opener against the New York Giants.

“I think more than anything I’ve sprinkled in a little bit but now I’m going to get real tightened up as far as a little more situational than an overview per se,” Romo said. “I think the team will probably wait until the middle of the week but more than anything my stuff will start here this weekend.”

Top Bottom