Archer: Eagles Request To Interview Kellen Moore

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If they offer Moore the job but he turns it down, then you know the fix is in with Jerry. Watch your back, Mike.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If they offer Moore the job but he turns it down, then you know the fix is in with Jerry. Watch your back, Mike.
he was offered the BSU gig and turned it down. Theory debunked?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
he was offered the BSU gig and turned it down. Theory debunked?
the Eagles are big time. unless he was secretly promised the Dallas job :budd , he'd be insane to turn down the Eagles. I doubt they'll offer him the job, though.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cujo

DCC 4Life

If that happened, this franchise would be dead to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
the Eagles are big time. unless he was secretly promised the Dallas job :budd , he'd be insane to turn down the Eagles. I doubt they'll offer him the job, though.
The Eagles job may be the worst in the NFL considering their cap and QB situation. Not specific to Moore but it's the kind of job a top assistant may turn down hoping for a better opportunity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Eagles job may be the worst in the NFL considering their cap and QB situation. Not specific to Moore but it's the kind of job a top assistant may turn down hoping for a better opportunity.
I would run away as fast as I could. Imagine him going there in that no-win environment and adding shit to your resume. I would wait for a better opportunity.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think it would be very possible that he'd accept the interview just to get his feet wet and get a feel for the process. And still turn them down if offered. All he'd have to say is it didn't feel like the right fit. Easy in, easy out.

If I was a young coach, I wouldn't accept that job as is right now. The locker room is a complete mess. Their cap is shot. And their QB situation is iffy at best. He'd be destined to fail there. Why put that black mark on your coaching resume when you are just starting out?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would run away as fast as I could. Imagine him going there in that no-win environment and adding shit to your resume. I would wait for a better opportunity.
This is true.

Any coach that comes in there has to have a plan to rescue Carson Wentz.

That is a huge task and even bigger for a guy taking over an HC role having never coached at that high of a level, anywhere.

It is simply not attractive. I agree with Broaddus, the Eagles are fucking around.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I think it would be very possible that he'd accept the interview just to get his feet wet and get a feel for the process. And still turn them down if offered. All he'd have to say is it didn't feel like the right fit. Easy in, easy out.

If I was a young coach, I wouldn't accept that job as is right now. The locker room is a complete mess. Their cap is shot. And their QB situation is iffy at best. He'd be destined to fail there. Why put that black mark on your coaching resume when you are just starting out?
Well, going to a bad team is kinda baked into the cake. They wouldn't be looking for a new head coach if things were going swimmingly. Did Wannstedt go to a good team? Did Norv? Did Sean McVay? I can see an established coach turning down Philly, but a nonentity like Moore? Yes, he can gamble and "hold out for something better," but a ready-made team won't be looking for his services. And the cupboard is hardly bare in Philly. I mean, somebody is gonna take that job despite all the issues you mentioned. Hopefully Moore.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, going to a bad team is kinda baked into the cake. They wouldn't be looking for a new head coach if things were going swimmingly. Did Wannstedt go to a good team? Did Norv? Did Sean McVay? I can see an established coach turning down Philly, but a nonentity like Moore? Yes, he can gamble and "hold out for something better," but a ready-made team won't be looking for his services. And the cupboard is hardly bare in Philly. I mean, somebody is gonna take that job despite all the issues you mentioned. Hopefully Moore.
You have no way to build a team. You're strapped with no cap and no ability to change QBs. It's one thing to take over a team you can build. It's a whole different situation to take over a sinking ship with no way to put together a roster of guys you want. Oh and a GM who will sabotage you at the drop of a hat. Literally worst coaching vacancy.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Literally worst coaching vacancy.
Houston might want a word with you, esp if Watson is exiled. Whoever gets the Philly job won't be expected to do anything next year, and I doubt their cap problems are a five-year thing that they can't overcome.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Houston might want a word with you, esp if Watson is exiled. Whoever gets the Philly job won't be expected to do anything next year, and I doubt their cap problems are a five-year thing that they can't overcome.
No one gives a coach 5 years. If you're strapped with Wentz for the next two and no cap room you'll be gone before you get a chance to build anything for yourself.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, of course if a team is looking for a new coach they are probably not very good. But I noticed you left out the complete shit show of their locker room, cap space, QB situation, etc...

And nobody said anything about a ready made team looking for his services. No point in just making stuff up.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Well, of course if a team is looking for a new coach they are probably not very good. But I noticed you left out the complete shit show of their locker room, cap space, QB situation, etc...

And nobody said anything about a ready made team looking for his services. No point in just making stuff up.
Pederson was the locker room problem and he's no longer there, and for the moment they have two QBs to fall back on whereas a lot of teams don't even have one. It's not as bleak as people presume.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Pederson was the locker room problem and he's no longer there, and for the moment they have two QBs to fall back on whereas a lot of teams don't even have one. It's not as bleak as people presume.
:lol

Ok.

Who was it again that said "If you have two quarterbacks, then you have none." ? And barring a complete turn around with Wentz, they aren't winning shit with either of them.

Top Bottom