Anyone ever go thru a buyback?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Probably an odd question, but after numerous cars and trucks over my lifetime, I finally got a “lemon”. 2021 F250, Roush edition. 100,000.00 sticker.

Dash wiring caught on fire, has been at the dealership for 110 days straight. 1/2 the electronics are now not functioning in the truck.
Ford reached out last week and wants to do a buyback. I’m told I can expect full MSRP, which gives me all my down payment back, plus pays off my loan. Then someone else said I’m also entitled to loss of use plus MSRP.

Just wondering if any of you guys ever dealt with a lemon law vehicle or buy back vehicle and if so how was the process?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Probably an odd question, but after numerous cars and trucks over my lifetime, I finally got a “lemon”. 2021 F250, Roush edition. 100,000.00 sticker.

Dash wiring caught on fire, has been at the dealership for 110 days straight. 1/2 the electronics are now not functioning in the truck.
Ford reached out last week and wants to do a buyback. I’m told I can expect full MSRP, which gives me all my down payment back, plus pays off my loan. Then someone else said I’m also entitled to loss of use plus MSRP.

Just wondering if any of you guys ever dealt with a lemon law vehicle or buy back vehicle and if so how was the process?
A buddy of mine once had to go through that, and IIRC it was quite the process. Can't remember what he got back. I know he wasn't out of pocket anything but not sure if he got any loss of use compensation.

Top Bottom