Anxiety

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Herpes, man. I'm over here dealing with some shit, and these motherfuckers want to talk about herpes.

Fuckers. :lol
It would be a real bummer if you were depressed because you had herpes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol you guys are assholes. But in a good way.

@Iamtdg I hope you're in a better place these days and I echo the sentiments of others, there's no shame in reaching out for help or expressing your feelings. The absolute worst thing you can do is try to manage something as serious as depression on your own. Suffering in silence has led many down dark paths. So don't ever feel that reaching out for assistance is a sign of weakness.

I think we're at a place in society where that old stigma surrounding mental illness has mostly been washed away. Seems like you can hardly go a week these days without seeing a piece involving some publicly perceived tough guy/athlete who is dealing with their own mental health issues.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Hard to believe I'm the most well-adjusted person here.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The absolute worst thing you can do is try to manage something as serious as depression on your own. Suffering in silence has led many down dark paths. So don't ever feel that reaching out for assistance is a sign of weakness.

I think this is a very important thing to remember. Props.

Seems like you can hardly go a week these days without seeing a piece involving some publicly perceived tough guy/athlete who is dealing with their own mental health issues.

Including our very own QB. Well said.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The last two days have sucked major monkey nuts. I have something big coming up at work that I am really dreading so I think that might be a lot of this. Yesterday was the worst it’s been since the day I posted this thread. It just feels almost uncontrollable.

Cotton

Staff member
I think you might be on to something.

Whatever you do, keep talking about it. Darkness can't survive in the light.
It’s a service I oversee that went away when Covid hit. It is coming back and managing it was fucking stressful as hell so I’m really not looking forward to it coming back. That, plus shit has been added to my plate at work while I had services down that are going to stay on my plate. So my job scope has greatly increased. This fall is going to suck ass.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It’s a service I oversee that went away when Covid hit. It is coming back and managing it was fucking stressful as hell so I’m really not looking forward to it coming back. That, plus shit has been added to my plate at work while I had services down that are going to stay on my plate. So my job scope has greatly increased. This fall is going to suck ass.
Good. About time your ass got back to work. Might be good for you.

If it makes you feel any better, I got apeshit stuff coming up at work this fall too.

Cotton

Staff member

If it makes you feel any better, I got apeshit stuff coming up at work this fall too.
I’ve been back at work for over a year now. Shit is just about to get real shitty and I think that’s part of all of this crap.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

As an aside, I thought about you recently. I've been working with a business consultant that specializes in my industry. He's been telling me for a year to get an HR Manager so I decided to finally listen. Hired one a few weeks ago that has a ton of knowledge and experience in my industry. She knows what it takes to run HR for a multi location operation and so forth. It only cost me $2500 per month for the last 18 months to finally come to my senses. I'm a real fast leaner like that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The last two days have sucked major monkey nuts. I have something big coming up at work that I am really dreading so I think that might be a lot of this. Yesterday was the worst it’s been since the day I posted this thread. It just feels almost uncontrollable.

I truly believe that a ton of anxiety and depression comes from a physical place in your body. Once you disrupt your brain/nerve system you need intervention to start healing. Like, a time to pull away and shut your brain down, practice good health, fall apart if needed and so forth. Sort of reset yourself. For me, my wife begged me to see a doctor and I gave just to calm her down. Anyhoo, take care of yourself, bro. Unfortunately, this is a time where grit and determination can only help so much.

Cotton

Staff member
I truly believe that a ton of anxiety and depression comes from a physical place in your body. Once you disrupt your brain/nerve system you need intervention to start healing. Like, a time to pull away and shut your brain down, practice good health, fall apart if needed and so forth. Sort of reset yourself. For me, my wife begged me to see a doctor and I gave just to calm her down. Anyhoo, take care of yourself, bro. Unfortunately, this is a time where grit and determination can only help so much.
Thanks, man. Problem is grit and determination is what got me to where I am professionally. I’m having to attempt to deal with this a major political battle happening in the background that’s going to affect this. It’s going to be ugly. I just hope not too ugly or my marriage might not make it. It barely made it before. Me on the laptop until 2 in the morning, etc. She got fed up and I don’t blame her.

Top Bottom