Anxiety

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm asking the mods to stop replying. You're the only ones that can do so. Just stop, please. This is not going anywhere constructive. No other members can reply to this thread. It's not fair to our members, so let's just walk off, please.

Cotton

Staff member
If anyone has issue with me closing this thread, please PM me. I just don't think we were doing any good, but if you want me to open it back up, I can, and move it to the appropriate forum. We can dook it out somewhere else. This just isn't the forum to do this in.

Cotton

Staff member
I am reopening this thread because I think it is an important topic to talk about. I will not rebuild it as I don't believe that we should do that in most circumstances.

I took Lexapro to try to fix my anxiety. It backfired miraculously. It was so damn bad. I had night sweats, what felt like uncontrollable shakiness, and worse feelings of anxiety.

I got off the meds because of how bad I felt. I have felt 100 times better since. I don't know if the meds caused me to realize it wasn't that bad before or if maybe something in my head triggered a rebound. I don't know.

But, I have been so damn much better over this last week. It has been like 9 months since I started dealing with this shit. I finally feel like myself again. I do still feel the anxiety but it isn't nearly as bad.

My wife told me that I had just not been myself and she wanted me back. Guess what? I think I'm back, baby! ~crosses fingers~

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I am reopening this thread because I think it is an important topic to talk about. I will not rebuild it as I don't believe that we should do that in most circumstances.

I took Lexapro to try to fix my anxiety. It backfired miraculously. It was so damn bad. I had night sweats, what felt like uncontrollable shakiness, and worse feelings of anxiety.

I got off the meds because of how bad I felt. I have felt 100 times better since. I don't know if the meds caused me to realize it wasn't that bad before or if maybe something in my head triggered a rebound. I don't know.

But, I have been so damn much better over this last week. It has been like 9 months since I started dealing with this shit. I finally feel like myself again. I do still feel the anxiety but it isn't nearly as bad.

My wife told me that I had just not been myself and she wanted me back. Guess what? I think I'm back, baby! ~crosses fingers~

Congrats man.

Cotton

Staff member
Congrats man.
Thank you, brother. For a bit there, I wasn't sure what my future looked like. I couldn't even see spring coming. It was really awful. I always look forward to spring and its chores. I couldn't see it. It was like I wasn't getting to spring if that makes sense.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Not exactly depression but I’ve been struggling with a medical disorder that makes life suck for years. With that and how intense my schedule/work life it, it can be tough for stretches. Some days I feel like I’m getting crushed.

Cotton

Staff member
Not exactly depression but I’ve been struggling with a medical disorder that makes life suck for years. With that and how intense my schedule/work life it, it can be tough for stretches. Some days I feel like I’m getting crushed.
I know your and I situations are different, but how I have dealt with mine, to a degree, has been to lean on the good days to help prep you for the bad. Sounds corny I know, but it seems to have helped with me. But, since yours is physiological instead on mental, that may not work. I'll just STFU and wish you good health. :unsure

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The last year I went through difficulties keeping my meds because of employment mix ups.

around September I finally gave up and just quit taking them all. There was a rough month or so but I am much better now that I am dealing with things personally again. The medication was necessary when I was having panic attacks. Now? Not so much.

I was in the group that at least mildly made fun of people and their “sadness disease”. It is tough to deal with. Everyone deals differently but definitely shouldn’t stop until you find your solution.

Cotton

Staff member
The last year I went through difficulties keeping my meds because of employment mix ups.

around September I finally gave up and just quit taking them all. There was a rough month or so but I am much better now that I am dealing with things personally again. The medication was necessary when I was having panic attacks. Now? Not so much.

I was in the group that at least mildly made fun of people and their “sadness disease”. It is tough to deal with. Everyone deals differently but definitely shouldn’t stop until you find your solution.
I'm glad you're doing better, my friend. If you ever want to talk let me know. I have had so much support through all of this, I feel like I should give back if ever presented the opportunity.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Actually avoid alcohol, you might feel like it helps you “forget your worries” but it’s actually a downer and the depression will come back stronger.
Do seek professional help, this is nothing to take lightly, you might not consideryourself suicidal right now, but it’s something that can just hit.
you could also just be stressed out which would be much better, but worrying about depression won’t help.
Yep. Alcohol in itself is a depressant and it will just add to the already existing anxiety .

midswat

... soon
You think your papaw stormed the beaches of Normandy so you can blog about your sads?

Nutt the fuck up, princess.

@Iamtdg

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yep. Alcohol in itself is a depressant and it will just add to the already existing anxiety .
Alcohol can be highly destructive. It actually induces anxiety and depression. Especially if you drink before you sleep. You never enter REM sleep and then anxiety/depression literally increase. Not trying to be preachy but those are the facts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You could have really done a thread rebuild and just opened a new thread. Then you could have hidden our snit.

You have to be very very careful with anti-depressants.

It's no secret that of course I have an addictive personality. But nothing has ever messed me up more than prescriptions. I literally felt like a brainless retard, nothing changed in terms of the anxiety and I said fuck it. I always used to make fun of Prozac zombies when I was younger. But it's no joke. Sad thing is, bad physicians can really fuck with your world.

My wife has had multiple neck surgeries and the cocktail of meds she was on nearly killed her until she just said fuck this shit.

It's the meds, dude. Go natural. Drink a beer. Take a shot. Take some gummies. Smoke a joint. Just avoid the pharmaceuticals. That shit has done way more to ruin more people's lives than we all really know.

That is really cool that you "got back".

I am certain you have been an incredible asshole to deal with for the past nine months and your wife is a fucking saint.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Alcohol can be highly destructive. It actually induces anxiety and depression. Especially if you drink before you sleep. You never enter REM sleep and then anxiety/depression literally increase. Not trying to be preachy but those are the facts.
I generally drink when I need a good nights sleep or every great once in a while with a buddy.

Cotton

Staff member
We lost my wife's dad yesterday. This guy was my fishing buddy and the guy I used to watch Cowboys football with every Sunday. Man, when it rains...

Top Bottom