Antwaun Woods expected to sign his tender

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Better than forcing Trysten Hill on the field. At least make Hill earn a job in the rotation at DT.
I'm honestly not sure Hill makes the team.
They added two 3Ts so far and Hill would have to get snaps at the nose I'd figure.
Can he anchor and eat up double teams better than Woods? I kinda doubt it.
Unless they plan on more 3-4 looks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm honestly not sure Hill makes the team.
They added two 3Ts so far and Hill would have to get snaps at the nose I'd figure.
Can he anchor and eat up double teams better than Woods? I kinda doubt it.
Unless they plan on more 3-4 looks.
Yeah I'm assuming Gallimore backs up at 3 technique while Poe will play the 1 tech spot and get breaks from Woods. Sort of makes you wonder what Hill's role would be. I don't think he is as good as Woods or Gallimore. And of course Crawford is probably going to turd his way in there somewhere as well. Broken hips and all.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
Yeah I'm assuming Gallimore backs up at 3 technique while Poe will play the 1 tech spot and get breaks from Woods. Sort of makes you wonder what Hill's role would be. I don't think he is as good as Woods or Gallimore. And of course Crawford is probably going to turd his way in there somewhere as well. Broken hips and all.
It would suck to have to give up on Hill so soon but it's become clear that McCarthy and Co. aren't believers in the player (or so it seems).

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
As far as Crawford, I don't get why the team is not pushing for a paycut.
He wouldn't get more than half of what he's making on the open market.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as Crawford, I don't get why the team is not pushing for a paycut.
He wouldn't get more than half of what he's making on the open market.
I don't even want Crawford anymore. 30 plus years old, average talent, coming off double hip surgery. Makes no sense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't even want Crawford anymore. 30 plus years old, average talent, coming off double hip surgery. Makes no sense.
Given how the new staff has behaved so much differently than the last this is one last vestige of the old regime that I don't get.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
I feel the same, but he seems like a cling-on the FO won't shake off.
We got Poe and McCoy for a little more than what Crawford is making so it's not like they can't do better than him with that kind of money.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Crawford is gimp in his hips
Given off interviews he has given, he is a mess physically.

I get how you would like to keep an elite talent around when they are hurt, but this guy does not fit that profile.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Given off interviews he has given, he is a mess physically.

I get how you would like to keep an elite talent around when they are hurt, but this guy does not fit that profile.
My thought exactly, there is no upside. If he gets totally healthy he is just a nice depth guy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Nice depth piece.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nice depth piece.
If he even makes the team.

How many DLs can we keep?

We already have Poe, McCoy, Gallimore, Crawford can play DT, and assumedly the staff probably won't give up on Hill just yet (wouldn't mind seeing if he can be traded though).

Woods can't be any better than the 4th DT at this point, maybe as low as 6th on the pecking order of playing time at that spot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think Woods has been pretty good for that grunt job of a 1T. If he's your backup there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Woods has been pretty good for that grunt job of a 1T. If he's your backup there's nothing wrong with that at all.
Yeah I'm just not sure who else would play that spot between Poe and Woods. Maybe Hill but I don't think much of him. He does a poor job holding his ground.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
If he even makes the team.

How many DLs can we keep?

We already have Poe, McCoy, Gallimore, Crawford can play DT, and assumedly the staff probably won't give up on Hill just yet (wouldn't mind seeing if he can be traded though).

Woods can't be any better than the 4th DT at this point, maybe as low as 6th on the pecking order of playing time at that spot.
McCoy, Gallimore and even Hill are 3 techs, and Crawford is some type of funky hybrid DE/3T.
None of them can play well at nose tackle if Poe were to miss time and Woods is the only other one that can handle that role so he should absolutely make the team even if it means carrying five DTs...

Top Bottom