Aaron Hernandez Documentary

vince

Not So New Member
Man some really good stuff on this Netflix documentary. A little disturbing actually. Anyone else watch it?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I watched it, and one of the biggest wow moments for me was...

he was a pole smoker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I haven't watched it yet. Plan to.

vince

Not So New Member
I watched it, and one of the biggest wow moments for me was...

he was a pole smoker.
Seriously. And they're basically blaming it on that + the crazy amount of
CTE damage and sexual abuse by his father.
I'm pretty torn about how I feel about him personally. I mean you can't go around killing people but the things that led up to it was pretty messed up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm pretty torn about how I feel about him personally. I mean you can't go around killing people but the things that led up to it was pretty messed up.
Yeah, it's a pretty fucked up story. But, like you said, it doesn't excuse what he did.

vince

Not So New Member
Can probably say a similar sob story for the majority of inmates today. Hernandez isn’t some special exception except he had NFL talent to boot.
I don't think you can compare him with any other average joe inmate. This guy had a fun career making millions and still did what he did. Just shows how messed up he was in the head. Also if you watch the documentary, it shows you how
he comes off as not really knowing the gravity of the shit he did. Kind of like a child.

vince

Not So New Member
His suicide was also a little eerie with how
abrupt it was. All the phone calls he made just hours prior gave no indication he was considering suicide. Just so sudden.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I watched it and don't remember anything about his father sexually abusing him. In fact, they were making it sound as if his dad was firmly against homosexuality and believed that boys should only do boy things. They even said that his dad wouldn't let him join the cheerleading squad.

As an aside, another thing that screwed him up was how his mom hooked up with his favorite cousin's dad.

1bigfan13

Staff member
His suicide was also a little eerie with how
abrupt it was. All the phone calls he made just hours prior gave no indication he was considering suicide. Just so sudden.
I'm starting to believe the rumor that he probably committed suicide because that Boston radio station outed him and he couldn't live with people knowing that he lived that lifestyle. It was also weird because he was coming off a huge legal victory.....the not guilty verdict on that double murder case.

The sexuality angle is also one of the rumors being thrown around to explain why he killed Odin Lloyd. Didn't want people to know he was bi-sexual.

vince

Not So New Member
I watched it and don't remember anything about his father sexually abusing him. In fact, they were making it sound as if his dad was firmly against homosexuality and believed that boys should only do boy things. They even said that his dad wouldn't let him join the cheerleading squad.

As an aside, another thing that screwed him up was how his mom hooked up with his favorite cousin's dad.
Yea towards the end his brother confirms it when he was on a talk show. It was a quick Q&A.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yea towards the end his brother confirms it when he was on a talk show. It was a quick Q&A.
I'll have to go back and check.
I remember them saying he was sexually abused as a child but they mentioned that another relative did it. I want to say it was a family member who was a teenager at the time and that Aaron was something like 10 years old.

p1_

DCC 4Life
watching now. very disturbing and fascinating story.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'll have to go back and check.
I remember them saying he was sexually abused as a child but they mentioned that another relative did it. I want to say it was a family member who was a teenager at the time and that Aaron was something like 10 years old.
I thought it said it was an uncle who had molested him

Top Bottom