6th Round Pick: Eric Scott, CB, Southern Mississippi

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Seems another CB who is very spare but he has "lenth." Maybe it's time to ease back on that Quinn fetish. I don't think DFB has great "lenth" but he's our best DB find in years.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seems another CB who is very spare but he has "lenth." Maybe it's time to ease back on that Quinn fetish. I don't think DFB has great "lenth" but he's our best DB find in years.
I mean we kind of have to see how he plays before we make that judgment. It's a sixth round pick, I'm happy to give Quinn his fetish in hopes of finding another Bland.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I mean we kind of have to see how he plays before we make that judgment. It's a sixth round pick, I'm happy to give Quinn his fetish in hopes of finding another Bland.
The only thing about the "he's only a sixth round pick" argument is he did cost us another fifth to trade up for him. That's not the player's fault, but it does mean he cost more than a typical sixth rounder.

And of course we have to wait for him to play, like everyone. Who knows, maybe this guy is another gem. But if his effort is poor as Tuck says, that doesn't bode well. I'm still salty about Diggs turning down tackles in those playoff games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only thing about the "he's only a sixth round pick" argument is he did cost us another fifth to trade up for him. That's not the player's fault, but it does mean he cost more than a typical sixth rounder.
We traded a late fifth for the first pick in the sixth. That's pretty negligible.

p1_

DCC 4Life
yeah, two bodies for one is always hard to swallow.
but when youre dealing in 5th/6th round talent (selection numbers 170 - 200), you're less risk averse. right in Jerry/Stephen's wheelhouse.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, two bodies for one is always hard to swallow.
but when youre dealing in 5th/6th round talent (selection numbers 170 - 200), you're less risk averse. right in Jerry/Stephen's wheelhouse.
We only gave up one pick to take him.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We traded a late fifth for the first pick in the sixth. That's pretty negligible.

While that's true, we traded a 5th for Gilmore. I know not all trades are created equal, but it's certainly possible to get more value in a trade with a 5th than Eric Scott. I'm not going to kill the trade but I don't love it either.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
While that's true, we traded a 5th for Gilmore. I know not all trades are created equal, but it's certainly possible to get more value in a trade with a 5th than Eric Scott. I'm not going to kill the trade but I don't love it either.
I will wait and see. :hattip

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, and that's fair. I love fifth rounders. That's where we get the Blands and Wilson types. We have hit enough on DBs in this range I'll trust Quinn saw more than just arm length in this kid.

Top Bottom