3rd Round Pick: DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The way he described Overshown is pretty much exactly how we described him on the podcast last night, the problem is that he isn't going to be a fit for every defense and his role is kind of dependent on Quinn's unique vision for him. If Quinn leaves in a year or two this is a guy who could fall by the wayside.

It's also interesting that he specifically mentioned Edoga, we were hypothesizing how they seem to have a bunch of faith (too much perhaps) in some of the interior OL depth we have, and Edoga in particular given that they wanted to sign or trade for him supposedly last year before doing so this off-season.

The OL will be the real inflection point for this season, if it falls apart because of injuries/lack of depth the front office is going to look pretty foolish, especially if Schoonmaker is just meh.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I mean he is going to be a problem for any RB trying to pick him up on a blitz. Which is what you love to see out of a LBer because most of the time the blitz pickup is going to be by someone like that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't agree with that. Keanu was a safety that they forced into LBer. Overshown is way more of a LBer and his size is totally different.
Same role to play, almost the same weight, though Overshown spreads it out more through a taller, leaner frame. Background doesn’t matter almost, it’s a speed-first weak side position to cover a lot of ground. He can support the run, but’s built to stop TE’s and any passes in the shirt middle.

It’s called a linebacker, like Dexter Clinkscale was a safety by original position who played a combination of LB and Safety when Dallas went into their 4-0 seven DB defense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

If you want to see why Quinn loves Overshown watch the 3rd play of that game. Flies from one hash almost all the way to the opposite sideline and just completely lays the wood to the WR.

I think he's raw in terms of the finer points of playing the position and is a bit of a one trick pony right now in terms of his downhill explosiveness, but it's a hell of a trick and if Quinn carves out the right role for him he could be really impactful in short bursts this year.

Another random play, he was the guy who pretty much made the play on a huge 4th and 1 stop that damn near won them the game if you go to 10:01 of the video.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

If you want to see why Quinn loves Overshown watch the 3rd play of that game. Flies from one hash almost all the way to the opposite sideline and just completely lays the wood to the WR.

I think he's raw in terms of the finer points of playing the position and is a bit of a one trick pony right now in terms of his downhill explosiveness, but it's a hell of a trick and if Quinn carves out the right role for him he could be really impactful in short bursts this year.

Another random play, he was the guy who pretty much made the play on a huge 4th and 1 stop that damn near won them the game if you go to 10:01 of the video.
One thing about him, he’s fearless. Dude throws his body around regardless of the cost. If the play calls for him to fly up and jam a gap in the line, he’ll do it irrespective of facing guys who outweigh him to a man by darn near 100 pounds.

I could see him blitzing off the edge or through any gap

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
One thing about him, he’s fearless. Dude throws his body around regardless of the cost. If the play calls for him to fly up and jam a gap in the line, he’ll do it irrespective of facing guys who outweigh him to a man by darn near 100 pounds.

I could see him blitzing off the edge or through any gap
Yep I think his blitzing ability is what will shine most early on. The scouts and McClay kept mentioning Donovan Wilson when talking about Overshown and you can see what they were thinking, Wilson throws his body around and looks like a blur sometimes when he's attacking downhill, Overshown has some of that same look when he gets rolling.

It'll all come down to what sort of role Quinn can carve out for him that maximizes what he does well and shields him from where he struggles, which basically means keeping him in space and attacking downhill.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just noticed one thing after watching a few interviews with this player.

He has a nose ring.

Top Bottom