2024 Random NFL Stuff Thread…

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hypothetically JPJ has concussion concerns. Would you draft him knowing he would have a long career, but he has to wear one of these caps the entire career? I mean I hate the way they look but I don't care if my big old fat O-lineman has one and looks goofy.

data

Forbes #1
First off, I don’t want expansion, but if we must add a game to make the whole season 22 rounds (reg season to Super Bowl), I’d rather it be 16-game reg season and extend the playoffs two rounds with first round being a play-in or some shit and giving multiple top seeds a bye.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
First off, I don’t want expansion, but if we must add a game to make the whole season 22 rounds (reg season to Super Bowl), I’d rather it be 16-game reg season and extend the playoffs two rounds with first round being a play-in or some shit and giving multiple top seeds a bye.
Really? The playoffs have already been expanded enough for me.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hypothetically JPJ has concussion concerns. Would you draft him knowing he would have a long career, but he has to wear one of these caps the entire career? I mean I hate the way they look but I don't care if my big old fat O-lineman has one and looks goofy.
I do not support these helmets at all. Just fucking put flags on their hips, ffs.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Nothing wrong with the helmets. Not all change is a bad thing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing wrong with the helmets. Not all change is a bad thing.
I mean for a high risk player who can wear that and have a long career, I'm actually ok with it. Better to look goofy and play 10 years in the NFL than to be out in 4 and have CTE the rest of what will probably be a shortened life.

They look so dorky but oh well. I'm sure full helmets would look dorky to people like LT when they were watching guys wearing leather helmets. Giant neck rolls probably looked dorky to people at first too. As long as they aren't required I doubt you'll see many if any wearing these things. I was just throwing a hypothetical out there.

data

Forbes #1
Really? The playoffs have already been expanded enough for me.
I agree. I think the previous 6 playoff teams is the right number. The current seven teams is too much.

But if we were forced to 22 rounds, I’d rather the playoffs be expanded with byes to the top seeds rather than another pointless regular season week.

data

Forbes #1
It’s a lose and you’re out tourney. Every game is already a play-in.
In a sense of something like first playoff round is seeds 7-10 play each other while 1-6 get a bye. As opposed to just another regular season week.

Again, I don’t want this at all, but if we’re forced to have an additional weekend as Goodell wants.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
In a sense of something like first playoff round is seeds 7-10 play each other while 1-6 get a bye. As opposed to just another regular season week.

Again, I don’t want this at all, but if we’re forced to have an additional weekend as Goodell wants.
Jesus Christ.

No.

Top Bottom