2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
You know what these Cowboys are and have been for a long time? They are the Cowboys of Irvin's story when he got there. Guys just cashing a check. Exception being that they are good enough to beat enough bad teams to get into the playoffs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Amen. I know you don't have to be a Mensa member to play in the NFL, but my God that was such a thoughtless, brain dead answer to that question. And he's a vet who's been around, not some rookie. Just mindblowingly stupid.

But hey, this new protein powder though... It's Hot Boyz approved.
And yet you have a shit ton of dummies saying he handled it perfectly blah blah blah.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
And yet you have a shit ton of dummies saying he handled it perfectly blah blah blah.
Really, where?

Let me guess, does it start with a Z?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know what these Cowboys are and have been for a long time? They are the Cowboys of Irvin's story when he got there. Guys just cashing a check. Exception being that they are good enough to beat enough bad teams to get into the playoffs.
Let’s be honest, 90% of players probably are in it to get a check. That is not the issue. It is the culture in Dallas. Plain and simple. Accountability is at zero. Once you get made (paid) by the organization, your role is cemented. Nobody plays with any fear of losing their job or even their role.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Let’s be honest, 90% of players probably are in it to get a check. That is not the issue. It is the culture in Dallas. Plain and simple. Accountability is at zero. Once you get made (paid) by the organization, your role is cemented. Nobody plays with any fear of losing their job or even their role.
Yeah, no one is going to do it for free, and there is obviously little accountability, but I don't think most of these guys give a fuck about winning that much either. They are mentally weak af, and if a strong team punches them in the mouth, they fold like the cunts they are.

As good as Lamb is, I'd trade him for the real 88 in his prime any day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, no one is going to do it for free, and there is obviously little accountability, but I don't think most of these guys give a fuck about winning that much either. They are mentally weak af, and if a strong team punches them in the mouth, they fold like the cunts they are.

As good as Lamb is, I'd trade him for the real 88 in his prime any day.
Getting a paycheck and wanting paid is ok. But you want guys whose life is football at least. There are plenty of NFL players whose number 1 priority isn't football. Some don't even love football, they just found they are good at it and can get paid to do it. Those are the players that eventually become a problem. I want players who feel like shit after a loss. Not guys who just love celebrating a win.

I think Parsons is a guy who legitimately loves football. I want more players like that.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Lamb is the absolute least of our worries on this team.
The reason I'd trade him in a minute for Prime Irvin is that no one on this fucking cunt team would be feeling good after a loss like that with a player like Irvin on the team.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The reason I'd trade him in a minute for Prime Irvin is that no one on this fucking cunt team would be feeling good after a loss like that with a player like Irvin on the team.
Lamb is a more soft spoken guy. I love Lamb but the passion of Irvin was something that I'm not sure I've seen matched on offense in Dallas since. We need more of that personality on offense.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Exactly right.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Another potential issue with Lamb/Prescott.

Word is that Jefferson is going for 40 per year. I imagine Lamb will do the same. Prescott might demand 60.....Lamb 40...Parsons who the fuck knows.....

My point is with real elite players like Lamb and Parsons up to be paid, you absolutely cannot give elite money to a merely good QB.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
But what would you offer?

To me, the guy isn't getting a raise. He didn't elevate his game and advance in the playoffs....so 40 mil or take a hike.
It will be 40 as far as the cap number. There is some loophole that knocks it down to that if I remember correctly.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Word is that Jefferson is going for 40 per year. I imagine Lamb will do the same. Prescott might demand 60.....Lamb 40...Parsons who the fuck knows.....

My point is with real elite players like Lamb and Parsons up to be paid, you absolutely cannot give elite money to a merely good QB.

The thought of paying three guys a total of almost $150 million PER YEAR is alarming when none of them have been able to elevate the team past the second round.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

With Dak it depends on the years, if it's 4 years I agree that about 40-45/year is probably right. If it's 7-8 years it could easily be 50-55/year because in reality the last 2-3 years on the deal are probably fluff and it's really just something along the lines of 5/225 or so.

I don't really worry about a Dak extension aside from the extent to which it limits our ability to spend on other players over the next 2-3 years. Beyond that I think he'll basically be done, we'll cut him and move on with probably a year or two of significant dead cap which should be mitigated by starting a rookie or 2nd year QB.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
I don't really worry about a Dak extension aside from the extent to which it limits our ability to spend on other players over the next 2-3 years. Beyond that I think he'll basically be done, we'll cut him and move on with probably a year or two of significant dead cap which should be mitigated by starting a rookie or 2nd year QB.
Why not just do that now, though? Unless eight years isn't enough to see that he doesn't have it when the stakes are highest.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Amen. I know you don't have to be a Mensa member to play in the NFL, but my God that was such a thoughtless, brain dead answer to that question. And he's a vet who's been around, not some rookie. Just mindblowingly stupid.

But hey, this new protein powder though... It's Hot Boyz approved.
It's an unacceptable answer and he should never be allowed to live it down.

Top Bottom