2024 7th Round Pick - Justin Rogers, DT, Auburn

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 6
Overview
Rogers is a "what you see is what you get" nose tackle with a girthy build and film full of fistfights where he gives as well as he gets. He's built low to the ground and plays with a terrific anchor to ward off block finishes and stay on his feet. He has decent length for his size but not enough to consistently shed blocks, despite possessing the power to stack single blocks. Rogers is a drain-clogging nose capable of muddying the A-gaps for teams looking for depth and help slowing the run.
Strengths
  • Adequate initial hand strike to neutralize opponent's length.
  • Girthy lower body with technique to plant a deep anchor.
  • Stands his ground and comes out on the other side against double-teams.
  • Upper-body power fuels his block destruction against single blocks.
  • More than held his own in an early season battle against Georgia.
  • Violent hitter when running backs tread into his gaps.
Weaknesses
  • Not enough length for consistently clean stack-and-shed as two-gapper.
  • Could struggle to stay ahead of the block against stretch-zone teams.
  • Constricted lateral slides create a smaller tackle radius inside.
  • Rushes with very short strides heading into the pocket.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The good news is I expect a strong UDFA class. Usually I look at the list and go most of these guys won't make the roster. This year though a dude like Gabe Hall or Keith Randolph would have a great chance at making the roster and playing legit snaps as a rookie.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The snap at :20 is faster than Mazi ever moved in his life. Unless he's jumping up some stairs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Solid against an obviously elite team in Georgia.

All we need is for a fat ass to be really solid at 2-gapping the A gaps for like 25-30 snaps a game, hopefully between this guy, Mazi and Carl Davis they can handle that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Solid against an obviously elite team in Georgia.

All we need is for a fat ass to be really solid at 2-gapping the A gaps for like 25-30 snaps a game, hopefully between this guy, Mazi and Carl Davis they can handle that.
I feel better about him than I did Bohanna. That is not saying a lot though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kentucky loves their fat boys. Kind of crazy the amount of big old NTs that team produces. Next years draft they have a dude projected in the first round who is a monster. Walker is 6'6" 350 pounds and had like 7.5 sacks last season. Projected first round pick. Obviously Bohanna came from there. And Rogers played most of his college career there before transferring to Auburn.

Top Bottom