2023 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1_

DCC 4Life
anyone excited over any of these? Harry maybe?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t think there is an answer. He is talking about trades but I don’t see it materializing.
I don't know if he is talking trading as much as he is talking about churning the bottom of the roster. He mentioned trading guys out for guys at the same position. That doesn't sound like an actual trade to me at all. It sounds more like churning the bottom of the roster to try to improve some of those bottom roster guys.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Fucked up that we've got 2nd and 3rd rounders in Joseph and Wright wasting space

I'm thinking Muku is #4 at this point

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fucked up that we've got 2nd and 3rd rounders in Joseph and Wright wasting space

I'm thinking Muku is #4 at this point
I think Mukuamu showed a lot towards the end of last year. Guy was playing his ass off and I actually liked what I saw. I know there are no gawdy stats to back it up but he far exceeded the eye test.

Which is funny because of the 3 corners we took in that draft he has by far looked the best. Ironically enough he was viewed as a steal when we took him while Wright was viewed as a massive reach. I think most of us at the time said, swap the two picks and you'd feel a lot better about the draft.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think Muku is a true corner. More of a coverage safety.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Muku is a true corner. More of a coverage safety.
He was playing the slot at the end of last year and looked really good at it. You see these types in the NFL all over now. Guys that can sort of play the run and tackle like a safety but can cover like a corner. They play in the box but they aren't really a box safety either. They are more of a slot corner who tackles and hits really well. Thus teams like the Cowboys who play 3 safeties on the field a lot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He was playing the slot at the end of last year and looked really good at it. You see these types in the NFL all over now. Guys that can sort of play the run and tackle like a safety but can cover like a corner. They play in the box but they aren't really a box safety either. They are more of a slot corner who tackles and hits really well. Thus teams like the Cowboys who play 3 safeties on the field a lot.
Right, he's a hybrid type guy. I'm saying I don't think he's a corner you play outside against starting WRs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right, he's a hybrid type guy. I'm saying I don't think he's a corner you play outside against starting WRs.
No, and maybe he can. He'd probably be better than Wright or Bossman at it but I think Bland plays the outside really well. Muku is your fourth corner and you just move him to the slot if anyone gets hurt.

ZeroClub

UFA
Bohanna and Gallimore seem especially vulnerable to a churn. Maybe Golston and Turpin are seen as expendable and having some trade value.

I was disappointed that Turpin didn't get many snaps on offense last season and I tended to think it was mostly on Moore. But during one of McCarthy's recent press conferences, when asked about Turpin, McCarthy basically said that Turpin needs to learn the playbook before he can play offense. To me, it suggests that last year may have been more on Turpin than Moore. Add to that, the kickoff rules have changed. The Cowboys want to find a way to keep Vaughn active on gameday. So maybe you consider trading Turpin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom