2023 OTAs and Minicamp Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I kinda hate this thread every year. It’s cool to keep up with the camps but damn the sunshine pumping is over the damn top every damn year.
It’s the same for every team this time of year. Every team and every player has improved. Everyone one is in the best shape of their life.

Just gotta take it with a grain of salt.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It’s the same for every team this time of year. Every team and every player has improved. Everyone one is in the best shape of their life.

Yep.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah OTAs don't ever suck me in. But I'll admit Training camp and preseason sometimes suck me into thinking a player is good when reality is different.

ZeroClub

UFA
Schoonmaker's plantar fasciitis is unfortunate, obviously. I hope it doesn't set him too far behind.

ZeroClub

UFA
Schoonmaker was wearing a boot after OTAs and was held out of mini-camp according to reports. During a recent press conference, McCarthy brushed it off as minor and inconsequential.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the offseason? Seems like the best course of action in the offseason is to rest it so hopefully it's not an issue when it counts during the season. Doesn't seem like a good idea to push it now.
I mean I guess that depends how much offseason. He is a rookie so the time now is pretty important to be able to be ready for the season. Not super important but I do think rookies learn a lot during these times leading up to their rookie seasons. Training camp is more important though. So yeah, I'd let him take it easy for a bit so that hopefully the pain goes away because he needs to be ready to roll when camp starts.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The roster exemption has saved him for the past three years or whatever.
This is the last offseason for the exemption, right? I thought I read that, and that's part of the reason for the position switch.

If that's the case... He gone.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is the last offseason for the exemption, right? I thought I read that, and that's part of the reason for the position switch.

If that's the case... He gone.
That is correct, the free ride is over, cholo.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Rooting for Bass and Bostick.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why not try Bass at LG? Same with anyone who shows any promise.

Top Bottom