2023 OTAs and Minicamp Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Camo Hat talks about Eric Scott in Spagnola's article:

"We intentionally took them out, took out Diggs and (Stephon) Gilmore, and sometimes I want to see how guys are going to respond," Quinn said. "Young players, are they going to get tight in there with the starting group or are they going to rise to it? Put him in, see what he can do."

Well, Scott must have done well, and maybe one of the reasons he jumped ahead of Joseph, who is entering his third season having played limited snaps at outside corner the past two seasons and now having been moved into the slot on the nickel defense behind last year's rookie, DaRon Bland.

"What we are generally looking for with a player coming in, when you're in line and you're kind of counting reps, 'OK, I think I can go here,' but when you see a guy wanting the moment to go and compete and knowing like, 'I'm balling my fist up. I ain't leaving here,' that's what I'm looking for. Especially for the rookies to have that kind of attitude to say, 'I'm here. I ain't going nowhere' kind of mindset," Quinn said.

"Attitude is really what it takes for young players to assert themselves into these moments because that responsibility is real, to say, 'Hey man, can we count on you when it's there?' and them learning to do that early on. That's a big deal to say, 'I'm down for this count. You can count on me to get it done,' and I've seen that from Eric so far.

"He's just one of those guys, 'I'm not leaving. I'm going to do my thing.'"

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
:jerk

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Hey, zip it with the negativity, man. Did you even hear NaShon Wright’s name at a similar stage in his career? No.
Pick the lowest of low bars, why doncha.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, zip it with the negativity, man. Did you even hear NaShon Wright’s name at a similar stage in his career? No.
I mean I have higher hopes for him than Wright, but I have never liked Wright. Just too fucking slow with change of direction.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom