2023 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got Avila over Torrence since they're relatively similar prospects as guards but Avila played a full season at center and was all-conference, so that versatility wins it for me.
Yeah, I'm just not a versatility guy when it comes to O-lineman in the first few rounds of the draft. I know the Cowboys very much are about versatility. So for me personally, I look at an O-lineman and just judge him based on that one position. But I know that's not how the Cowboys operate. Strictly as a guard I think I have Torrence slightly higher than Avila because I just think he is a little more of a bully.

The Cowboys on the other hand probably value athletic traits more than me and versatility. Because of that I think they will like Avila better. And frankly they have done great with first round O-lineman so I'll just trust them on that one.

I also feel like the back end of my top 15 isn't how I'd like it. Mostly because I'm not taking Benton, Gibbs or Washington in the first round. Truthfully there may be guys I'd have higher than those guys that I also wouldn't take in the first round. Like I really like Bergeron as a guard prospect here. No way I'm taking him in the first round. But if I'm in the second, he could rate higher for me than say Benton. Or if we traded down. Adebawore isn't a first rounder to me. But he probably would be in the back end of my 15 on this list. I left corners off but if I'm being true to my board a guy like Forbes should be on that list. I don't want a corner in the first but I like Forbes better than some of these guys.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Let’s goooo, you stir crazy mofos!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Please, just don't take a LBer either in the first. It's not a good draft for it.
Yea I didn't say DL since edge rushers can sometimes be a gray area but it's definitely DE/DL or OL for me.

I love Mayer and think he's going to make a few Pro Bowls, and ultimately I'd be perfectly happy with him, but I can be talked off him and would be fine passing him up for like McDonald.

Gibbs would make sense only as a short-term push for a Super Bowl but ultimately I'd be a bit disappointed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Mafi played defense for two years at UCLA so I'm pretty confident that he has the temperament/nastiness side down.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mafi played defense for two years at UCLA so I'm pretty confident that he has the temperament/nastiness side down.
Yeah, I mean he makes mistakes in pass protection but he is a beast at run blocking. And honestly, I think the mistakes in pass protection can be cleaned up. He is still learning the position. But dude can make a hole.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Seen quite a few mocks where the Eagles take Bijan. I don’t think there’s any way he drops to the Cowboys.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Seen quite a few mocks where the Eagles take Bijan. I don’t think there’s any way he drops to the Cowboys.
Why waste a premium pick on a back when seemingly anyone can thrive behind that line?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why waste a premium pick on a back when seemingly anyone can thrive behind that line?
Yeah, that hasn't been Howie's way. I guess you never know, though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't expect him to become a pocket qb overnight just because of that contract.
No but their run game is heavily based on his running. At some point they will either tune it back or Hurts is going to be well Hurt.

Top Bottom