2023 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He can’t really. He falls down a lot nowadays.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah I mean stud NFL player but playing for Tech really dragged him down. Baker at least had the good sense to get out...
If I had a scathing gif, I would totally drop it on you right now!

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Going strictly by resume, in no particularly order, the three best QB resumes since 2000 might be

Tebow, Mayfield, and Deshaun Watson.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

There is so much wrong with this list.
There is a common thread with most on this list. They were good running QB s for the most part and it was this quality that made them stand out at the college level.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Tomorrow is a big day.....sort of.

Tomorrow they're finally dropping the kickoff times and networks for the first few weeks of the upcoming season.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
With USC/UCLA heading to Big 10 next year. The PAC is in trouble. Could very soon see Oregon and Washington looking their as well. If Colorado makes the jump to the Big 12. It may hasten the collapse.

1bigfan13

Staff member
With USC/UCLA heading to Big 10 next year. The PAC is in trouble. Could very soon see Oregon and Washington looking their as well. If Colorado makes the jump to the Big 12. It may hasten the collapse.
PAC 12 & ACC might as well look into some type of merger. There have been a lot of rumors about teams jumping ship from the ACC as well. A PAC 12/ACC merger might stop the bleeding.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So I guess he got in trouble for saying NIL isn't all peaches and roses (as Quincy once said)?

Well no kidding. Geez, the Twitter experts jump on anyone for anything,

1bigfan13

Staff member
So I guess he got in trouble for saying NIL isn't all peaches and roses (as Quincy once said)?

Well no kidding. Geez, the Twitter experts jump on anyone for anything,
I don't understand why these boosters are eagerly handing out 6 & 7 figure NIL deals to unproven 18 year-olds. There are hundreds of 5-star "can't miss" prospects who turn out to be busts once they get to college.

Just because something is good for the athlete doesn't mean it's good for the sport. The NCAA President needs to get his house in order ASAP instead of sitting back hoping that the clowns in congress will clean up their mess for them.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just because something is good for the athlete doesn't mean it's good for the sport.
From reading various boards, there's a whole movement of people, usually younger kids, who are more interested in these poor oppressed athletes -- who even before got scholarships worth 100k, tutors, the best dorms and food, campus fame, and of course all the parties and girls -- getting paid every cent possible than they are about the actual sport. They're more into the politics of it than the game. I don't understand it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
From reading various boards, there's a whole movement of people, usually younger kids, who are more interested in these poor oppressed athletes -- who even before got scholarships worth 100k, tutors, the best dorms and food, campus fame, and of course all the parties and girls -- getting paid every cent possible than they are about the actual sport. They're more into the politics of it than the game. I don't understand it.
There's got to be a common sense middle ground. I'm all for the players being compensated but it needs to be regulated much better.

1bigfan13

Staff member
So I guess Alabama is the odds on favorite to win this year.

I'm surprised Georgia has fallen off this much in regards to blue chip ratio. Oklahoma is actually closer to them than they are to Alabama.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So I guess Alabama is the odds on favorite to win this year.

I'm surprised Georgia has fallen off this much in regards to blue chip ratio. Oklahoma is actually closer to them than they are to Alabama.

It still saddens me to see how Miami can have all of these classes and no results.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It still saddens me to see how Miami can have all of these classes and no results.
They haven't been able to figure out the QB position. If there's not a blue chip QB in place, the blue chip WRs and TEs usually look elsewhere.

ZeroClub

UFA
I wonder which schools stop recruiting a player if they think the player is only about money.

There are some nice stories, too. There's Jett Johnson, a Mississippi State LB, who recently donated the entire proceeds of his NIL deal ($2,500) to the Tupelo Police Athletic League youth league because he appreciated what they did for him as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom